Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for a place to shoot East of Portland

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by BigP215, Sep 2, 2011.

1. BigP215

BigP215 Gresham New Member

Hi I'm new here looking for places to shoot east of Portland. I saw an early thread that looks promising. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/outdoor-shooting-areas/63082-great-spot-east-pdx.html Anyone know of this spot or any others not too far out of Gresham? Took my wife and son out plinking last month and they loved but we went all the way out to Memaloose so looking for a spot closer so we can get out more often. Thanks for any info!

2. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

The link is to the stevenson gun range. I live in troutdale and that's where we go. it's about 35 minutes away. Somehow memaloose seems longer to get to from gresham than stevenson. I would just go to stevenson. they have shooting benches there.

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

There's Lolo Pass Rd. out of Zigzag. That may be closer to you.

4. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

That's because of all the damned pot holes in the road up there.

5. SOG165

SOG165 Cent. Or. Member

Went up to Lo Lo pass yesterday and found that the USFS has blocked entry to the designated gravel pit. Too bad because lots of locals and others have used that site for many years. I plan on checking in with their office on Tuesday to see if the blockage is permanent, if so are there other locations?. Pretty much all of the LoLo Pass locations have been shut down.

SOG

6. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

The last time I was up there, which was farther down the road at one of the natural back-stops, I was shocked by how many people were just walking down the road. Park strolling through the woods? No clue. But I bet a few calls could shut down the pit as well as the road just because people disagreed with shooters being there. And that's doubly annoying because I was going to go out tomorrow morning to play.