Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking For a Pack

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by RedneckRampage, Jan 30, 2015.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a new pack, for over night trips, and day hikes and whatnot. Currently I have a Condor pack, that is junk. My main complaint is that the shoulder straps are so narrow and flimsy. I'd like American made if possible, and some MOLLE to attatch things to.
    image.jpg

That is a picture of what I have now. The sizes is about perfect, maybe a little small.

Any advice on what to get?

2. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There's a place out in Boring OR called Sgt Gators that sells military surplus and he has some great deals on packs.

Glock Jock and John Gault like this.
  4. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I really like my 511 Rush 72hr bag. Not too big. But big enough. Nice compartments. Heavy duty zippers.

It goes hunting, fishing and everywhere with me in the truck.

But bags are a personal item. Check out a bunch. And find a well made one, that will pack the way YOU pack.

Glock Jock likes this.
  5. Portaledgepete

Portaledgepete Portland, Oregon Active Member

Badlands bags are awesome. I have the Marines assault pack. They are made by Propper, but the design was developed by Arc'teryx and the carry system is better than most of the bags made by the "tactical" companies. You can get them new for about $80 or often, used for half of that on Amazon.

Joe13 likes this.
  6. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If you step out of the tactical Molle realm you'll find tons of hiking backpacks perfectly suited for your needs.

I have a Kelty Redwing for day hikes and mild overnighters. Great comfortable pack.

7. Portaledgepete

That is true. I have an Osprey, a Mountainsmith, and an old REI ruck that are all better as far as the carry system goes.

8. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

UPDATE - I was able to pick up a London Bridge Trading 3 day pack on CL for a good deal. Now to pack it for EDC.

Portaledgepete likes this.
  9. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I know the OP found a pack but I just wanted to add a +1 for Badlands.

Quality packs, lifetime no questions asked warenty. Has Molle attachment points.

Cons: Hunting oriented (if that's even a con).

I have the Super Day Packer. I'll buy a smaller pack from them for EDC when I stop buying guns and ammo without money.

Portaledgepete likes this.
  10. Portaledgepete

My thought exactly.

11. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Getting in late on this but wanted to throw this gem out there.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/287480/midwayusa-tactical-backpack

I bought mine on sale for $49.99 and I love it as my GHB. Very well made and a perfect size for my needs. Plenty of MOLLE, compression straps for use if travelling light, and comes with both waist and chest straps. All straps are wide and well padded.

Glock Jock likes this.