JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The deed is done!

Marlin 60SS
Nikon 3-9x40 BDC Rimfire
Harris Bipod

In the end, this was the rifle I had my sights on; I just needed to handle one in person... After finding one in stock, it did not disappoint.

Special shout out to the guys working the gun counter at Sportsman's Warehouse is Hillsboro. They spent a lot of time with me, answered my questions, mounted all the gear, bore sighted the scope, etc. etc. I will definitely be back!

20141215_212728_zpshs0t6kdu.jpg

Still can't find that Marlin. I think I want to touch one before ordering one sight unseen.

I bought the Marlin 60SS for my daughter years ago. After some time working on the trigger it was fine, very accurate. The trigger was originally about 7# and felt like it had a piece of 60 grit sandpaper stuck in it. I think Marlin has upgraded the triggers on them but it's worth holding one to be sure.

I bought the Marlin 60SS for my daughter years ago. After some time working on the trigger it was fine, very accurate. The trigger was originally about 7# and felt like it had a piece of 60 grit sandpaper stuck in it. I think Marlin has upgraded the triggers on them but it's worth holding one to be sure.
Yeah, we've had the Marlin a few months now and have put several hundred rounds through it. Love everything about it except the trigger, which is terrible.

I called Rich's Gun Shop to see if they could fix that. They said no.

Does anybody else know of a good, local gunsmith who's not afraid to work on a Marlin 60 trigger?

Yeah, we've had the Marlin a few months now and have put several hundred rounds through it. Love everything about it except the trigger, which is terrible.

I called Rich's Gun Shop to see if they could fix that. They said no.

Does anybody else know of a good, local gunsmith who's not afraid to work on a Marlin 60 trigger?

Bummer. I have 2, one from the early 80's and one from the mid 90's. They both have great triggers.

Hi IXFE,
If you can't find anyone in the neighborhood to help with the Marlin 60, you might want to visit Rimfire Central site. They have allot of good info about .22's, .17's and others . They also feature threads related to different brands of rifles and pistols.

Here is the link to the Marlin thread for semi autos :http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=217

They have quite a few links about how others have sorted out the triggers on their Mdl 60's. As always proceed with caution and thoroughly test the function of the safety and trigger after any work has been done.

Hope this helps

B.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads