JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nah......a GLOCK is useful in ANY situation (especially when it's fully loaded).
Glock-Mags.png

Yeah.....ever wonder why those gang bangers walk around with one hand holding up their pants?

Rrrright....and someone also mentioned "Zombies".

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Carry choice is very personal. Only you can decide that. That being said, last time I was down in your neck of the woods (going by the location under your name) I was helping a relative buy their first firearm. We stopped in at a small mom and pop shop in Grants Pass called Bradbury's Gun and Tackle. Price was good enough that I ended up walking away with a new pistol for myself. Probably wouldn't hurt to poke your head in there...My carry choices are either a M&P Shield in 9mm or a Sig P365. The Shield fits my hand like a glove (Not O.J.s) but the P365 is very easy to hide very well. Both have proven very reliable and I shoot both well, but that's just me

Last Edited:
Lorcin L380.

You'll become a pro at FTF drills in no time.
This might have been the most irresponsible post of this entire thread. I am figuratively beside myself that you would make a recommendation of a Lorcin .380. This is the kind of thing that gives forum posters here a bad name.

The Lorcin L9 in 9mm is a far, far better choice. .380 is 9mm on a shopping holiday.

Come on, man. You know better.

This might have been the most irresponsible post of this entire thread. I am figuratively beside myself that you would make a recommendation of a Lorcin .380. This is the kind of thing that gives forum posters here a bad name.

The Lorcin L9 in 9mm is a far, far better choice. .380 is 9mm on a shopping holiday.

I'm pretty sure he said that in jest...

Last Edited:
I'm 5'8, 155#, and I can hide a government 1911 iwb with a t-shirt and shorts.
Back when I was "in shape" 5'11,180 I carried a 1911 under a T all the time. Just bought the T's a size or 2 larger so they fit real loose and no problem walking around. I was VERY aware that I could not bend over to reach for things in public as then the thing would be easy to see the print of. Did have to take it out to drive for anything other than VERY short thing. I soon found one of those vests made for photographers and such are a godsend. Light, lots of pockets, and long enough to hide my back. So even when it's warm I can wear one. Now that I am "out of shape, have put on 60#'s or so it's even more important. Wear suspenders even when I wear shorts so the weight of gun is not felt. Wife used to laugh at it but I LONG ago stopped "dressing to impress" :s0140:

NINE MILLIMETER???? Are you INSANE? Lorcin can't afford metallurgy that can stand up to such a high powered cartridge. Can you imagine all the amount of tape required to hold that thing together?

Madness. Pure madness.

Did the guy you know shoot back? And did he git 'im?
So in the mid 90s people were still getting paper pay checks. Most paydays were well know by criminals. Big Frank, my coworker asked me to drop him off by the supermarket near his apartment after work. We wore hard hats, safety vest and work boots. Call that a clue to robbers, that this is payday for people like us. Actually the second person I know that got robbed like this.

I've mentioned this before, but Big Frank's real name should have been Huge Frank. He'd done 8-9 years in the Feds, back when they had weights in prison. On this day, right after I dropped him off, three youth spotted his gold chain, ring and saw how he was dressed.

They were in a car and rolled next to him along the sidewalk. As they addressed him the kid in the back seat already had the 380 extended out of the back passenger window. The kid in the front seat got out of the car and started to demand Frank's chain and ring. But when that kid crossed in front on Mr 380, Frank gave him the ring several times to the face and tossed that kid back to the car. Frank said he heard the kid try to fire the 380 but it never went off. The kids then sped off leaving teeth and blood at that spot. He told us about it work the next day. As stupid as this sounds, it may have been kicked off because at the time I had a lowered red Toyota pickup, in style at the time. Not welcome in every neighborhood. Luckily no one was killed in this event, but people were killed very easily during that period.

But when that kid crossed in front on Mr 380, Frank gave him the ring several times to the face and tossed that kid back to the car.
I love this part... :s0116:
The kids then sped off leaving teeth and blood at that spot.
I love this part even more than that other part... :s0116::s0116::s0116:

If you're left handed, it actually helps with the gravity-fed ejection.

Right handed gangstas are screwed though.
I had a .22 that would eject very consistently. I could turn it sideways and run 10 rounds out of it before the first empty hit the ground. They were spaced and aligned so neatly It looked like a little fountain. And it cost 34 cents. Good times.

There's a rumor out there - I don't know if it's true or not - but I'll relate it here.

A person allegedly went to a store and attempted to purchase a Lorcin. When they went through the 4473, they listed "Not Hispanic or Latino" followed by "Caucasian" for ethnicity. NICS immediately declined their application and in a rare follow-up indicated that lying on a form could lead to prison time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top