JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just moved to Yakima, and am in need of a new gun shop. I hate to do what I did in Wenatchee and just start going into them all until I find a good one... I spent a lot of money doing that :)

Any suggestions? I live in Selah, work in Yakima, but don't mind driving a bit to find something worthwhile...

Welcome to Yakima!

It depends on what it is you're looking for in a gun shop.

There are a few shops in town, and each has it's own flavor. Ace Arms is in Selah, there's Stadler Arms on Fruitvale (at river road) under the big GUNS sign, and a little further east, is Guns West II. There's Hammers down in Union Gap. And then there's Attic Clutter right on Yakima Ave near 6th.

The folks at Attic Clutter are really nice. It's an antique shop with a fun-gun-room. They'll special order for you, and do transfers for really short money. Their collection varies. Sometimes it's sparse, sometimes full, and ranges from old antiques to brand new modern guns. They typically stock handguns. Jack is also a decent gun smith. I like the trigger job he did on my Beretta 92FS.

Stadler Arms/GUNS has a decent selection of handguns and rifles, mostly, a few shotguns. They stock midrange stuff, mostly, and have the best selection of 'Evil Black Rifles' in town.

Guns West II had your higher end options. The nice (and expensive) 1911s, etc.

Hammers has a mid-range selection of handguns and a decent selection of rifles and shotguns. They also have fishing and hunting gear and some reloading supplies.

Ace Arms, I've only ever been to once, but seems to have a similar selection but slightly different than Stadler/GUNS has.

Last Edited:
Stadler good guy but is full of crap half the time. I semi personally know the guy. I have bought a few guns from him for very good prices, but you have to watch his prices and stories. I have not been in there in a while since I have other hobbies that are eating up money right now and dont need to be tempted.

Guns West II. Not sure why but I always have a weird vibe in there. I have not bought anything there but I know a couple buddies have without problem.

Hammers tried to shop there and the "know it all" behind the counter really want to sell me a $400 vs the $1500+ rifle I was looking for. He sure "told me how it was" and I ended up buying said $1500 rifle and much more stuff NOT from them. I dont waste my time going in there anymore. I had been in a few other times besides that.

Ace Arms. Only been in there one time but super nice guy and some decent stock. Would go back if I was there and he was open.

Best Way Pawn on 100 block of S 1st St is another good one. I have bought a few things from there. I get along with the young man that runs it quite well and have come out with a couple really good deals. They have a good selection and being a pawn shop dont hesitate to try and haggle, I was shocked at the price I got the last gun from them.

Sadly one of the best gun shops/gunsmiths in town closed up about 5-6 years ago now. He retired and moved to MT, lucky guy.

Keep in mind those are just my experiences. Like any other place some people get along great with one guy while the next they dont. They are all worth stopping in and seeing though, shop around and search around a bit and see what happens.

Ace Arms is right down from my house, might go check them out. Seemed kinda fishy with his crappy sandwich board out on the street, but gun guys usually aren't marketing geniuses :-D

Thanks for the input, keep it coming.

With all the public land around here, it seems like it would be easy to find a place to shoot without having to pick a range... any suggestions?

I think I might stop by Ace on my way home from work tomorrow, does he have a decent selection?

Thanks guys!

With all the public land around here, it seems like it would be easy to find a place to shoot without having to pick a range... any suggestions?

That's a yes and a no. Lots of people head up Sheep Company Road in the Wenas, but that's also where the gangbangers and ne'er-do-wells go to shoot wildly and unsafely. There's other places around on BLM land, but nothing near by that I know of that I'm willing to risk my safety at. My husband and I belong to Sun Valley Shooting Park, out in Moxee, and shoot out there. Plus they've got great facilities, including bays/ action pits which are great for practicing defensive drills. (It's $12/visit/person, or $120/year for an entire family).

That's a yes and a no. Lots of people head up Sheep Company Road in the Wenas, but that's also where the gangbangers and ne'er-do-wells go to shoot wildly and unsafely. There's other places around on BLM land, but nothing near by that I know of that I'm willing to risk my safety at. My husband and I belong to Sun Valley Shooting Park, out in Moxee, and shoot out there. Plus they've got great facilities, including bays/ action pits which are great for practicing defensive drills. (It's $12/visit/person, or $120/year for an entire family).

Hmm, I might have to look them up, it's a little more expensive than I'm used to (Wenatchee and Ephrata), but it sounds like a nice facility. For the rest of this summer though, I might have to look at a few of the areas you mentioned...

We usually shoot out at the Wenas on Sheep Company. Bring a friend and you have little to no problems but can feel sketchy depending on who shows up while you are alone. Suntargets is a nice place but in the past I was not able to shoot my silencers there so that is why I did not go. Now with the change in state law they might allow it. My boss is trying to work with them to get a "company" package with them since most of us shoot.

One thing they Wenas has that Suntargets (last time I was there a while back) does not is 600, 700 and 800 yard targets.

Also look at Tactical Supply, its a small appointment only shop that doesn't have a ton of stuff on hand but you can get anything transferred in for 25 bucks or so (how I make the majority of my purchases). The owner Shayne is a really nice guy and is great to do business with, none of that crappy gunshop attitude or BS you get from the other places in town. Builds ARs and shotguns and I believe just picked up his license to get silencers too. Nwcid summed up the rest of the shops pretty accurately IMO. +1 for bestway, nice guys in there....i refuse to shop at gunswest for anything, crappy prices and too cool for you attitude.
If you live out in selah your best bet is to head up to the wenas if you don't feel like dropping the coin for a membership at Sun Valley. It's not the "gangstas paradise" the local paper tried to portray it as but you do run into some idiots out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top