JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a new gun safe in the SW Washington Portland area I have out grown my current safe that is 60x30x21 my price point is around $600-800. I am thinking just another saves of the same dimensions.

Thanks for your help

I bought a Sturdy safe, but that's about of your price range. I went with the Sturdy, because it's 7ga steel. I wanted an anti-theft safe, so I went with the thicker metal. It really depends on who you're looking to keep out. Is it kids, or do you have thieves in mind? Under $1k, you're looking at 12ga or 14ga steel at best, so it's not going to keep a thief out. That said, unless you want to go higher in price, I would get the cheapest biggest safe available.

Cheap safes keep honest people honest, but you can get through the metal with a screw driver and a hammer. The 7ga safe weighs in at 600lbs, but if a thief were to look around in my basement, he'd find plenty of tools to cut through even 7ga steel.

Gosh...all I can say is, reconsider your price point and visit Rogue Safe's website...I believe they even deliver to the People's Republic of Washington. Buy once, cry once! Just my 2 cents

I have an American security safe now that will keep most out and is fire protected and all the good stuff. paid $650 about 10 yrs ago but it seems prices have gone up

You could check out coastal farm and ranch. They carry safes and will deliver as well. I think you would be well served by buying bigger this time around so you arent in this situation again in 5-10 years, just my 0.02.

I second the "buy once cry once" moniker and 100% endorse Sturdy safes. They're out of your indicated price point but you wont find a better safe for the same money. I researched for several months and thats the conclusion I came to. Liberty's are nice and they sure are shiny and look pretty, but costs more for what you get (less steel keeping your guns safe). Check out the link below and their youtube videos. Doesn't cost anything to look ;)

http://www.sturdysafe.com/

If you choose to go with Sturdy, order over the phone. My total came out a couple hundred less than I expected when I placed my order over the phone than the listed prices online. It was a nice surprise.

Good luck in your search.

Here's a cool vintage one up in the Mt Hood area for $850 that's listed on Craigslist.
They might come down on the price since they're off the beaten track.

00202_dWb0Waplnrp_600x450.jpg

I think that has been on CL for months if not more. I bet they would definitely negotiate so long as you agree to pick it up and haul it out. :rolleyes:

Some great suggestions here, but if you can't spend more than $800 and want some room to grow, you might consider Cannon. I bought one last year after doing plenty of research - my model was more expensive than the one I'm linking here, but I bought one with a longer fire rating and a combo electric/mechanical lock. I really like my Cannon safe. Costco has one on sale right now for $799 after $200 rebate, and they have free shipping. They also have a pretty fantastic warranty on their safes:

http://www.costco.com/Cannon-EX40-E...24"D-|-Electronic-Lock.product.100159631.html

Some great suggestions here, but if you can't spend more than $800 and want some room to grow, you might consider Cannon. I bought one last year after doing plenty of research - my model was more expensive than the one I'm linking here, but I bought one with a longer fire rating and a combo electric/mechanical lock. I really like my Cannon safe. Costco has one on sale right now for $799 after $200 rebate, and they have free shipping. They also have a pretty fantastic warranty on their safes:

http://www.costco.com/Cannon-EX40-E...24"D-|-Electronic-Lock.product.100159631.html

Thanks to everyone who chimed in...

A special thanks to etrain16....I ordered a Cannon this morning

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews