JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been wanting a Garand for a while but budget and quality have always been an issue. I used to hear rumors that one could be found through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Does anyone know where a decent rifle can be found at a decent price?

I have been wanting a Garand for a while but budget and quality have always been an issue. I used to hear rumors that one could be found through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Does anyone know where a decent rifle can be found at a decent price?

AFAIK, you can still get them from CMP.

http://www.thecmp.org/

"Good rifle at a decent price"? Pretty much you get
what you pay for. More money=more rifle unless
you happen to fall into a screamin' deal on a
private sale somewhere.

AFAIK, you can still get them from CMP.

http://www.thecmp.org/

"Good rifle at a decent price"? Pretty much you get
what you pay for. More money=more rifle unless
you happen to fall into a screamin' deal on a
private sale somewhere.

What he said - I have two CMP rifles, one service grade, one correct grade. I also own one of the "new production" rifles that Springfield put out a few years ago... my service grade CMP rifle will just plain outshoot the "new" rifle.

There was an M1 carbine on sale at the GI Joes in hillsboro. I would say though at first glance, the condition is far from excellent, and the asking price was a little much. Not exactly what you're looking for but I just thought Id throw it out there.

$1,200 original price tag on sale for $700.

I'm new on this site but quite a few members here know me from a couple other sites , I can hook you up on garands I have been into collecting garands for a long time and have a really good network with other collectors including a good friend who is a retired armorer specializing in garands, carbines and 03's
Drop me a line or a post if you want more info

yep there is a pwn shop on SE powell and I think SE 136 or so, they have one in there. I held it two nights ago. I think they wanted 899.00
I think it was priced high side of fair for the conditon.

Go the CMP route! shooting a match is great and the rifles are less expensive. true you dont get to hand pick but if you order two you are about guaranteed to not get a lemon. There is something really satisfying about buying through CMP... the history of it (the program as well as the rifle) is cool. It makes you feel downright American. And the fact they FED-EX them to your doorstep is really neat.... no 4473 or FFL or $10 OSP checks, last time I did an order. I bought mine in '94 or '95 for the price of $250.00 delivered.... when DCM was runnning the show. I wish I had bought more of them.