JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
addSo, I will admit that I am not too terribly familiar with guns. I am thinking about getting my tags here shortly and starting to slowly get into hunting. I know of a select few guns but looking for something to not too expensive. Let me know what you have and I will do some research on it, looking for corvallis area or close. Let me know

*edit* Plan on hunting deer/duck/goose/turkey for most part starting out.

When you decide to buy a firearm look at it as an investment....period! The budget you set for you self is LIMITING to say the least and may not generate any particular interest unless what 'he' has to offer maybe of lesser value...then buyer beware! A lever actions is no longer a 100 yard rifle! Marlins new XLR even their Blue models are the cats meow. The new lever ammo has nearly doubled the range for most lever calibers AND at 200 yrds some shoot as well as higher dollar bolt actions!!!

For the price range you published go to a pawn shop!

By your own admission: "I will admit that I am not too terribly familiar with guns"...THEN talk with someone in your neck of the words and when you have good information this will apply to you: "You have chosen wisley"....

If you can tell me which movie those words were spoken I will send you a Snickers bar...

going to need to add at least another hundred to your budget to get something in good shape. For deer you may want to go to Ace Buyers here in Albany as they have several 30-30's in your listed price range. As for shotguns I would go for a fairly new one (steel shot use) maybe buy a new Mossberg combo at Bimart. That combo includes the shorter barrel for slugs if you wanted to use it for deer also until you can afford a rifle.

By the way Beltloop here ya go, where's my Snickers?
<broken link removed>

I saw the mossberg 500 combo pack at bimart for 280. Was considering that but they say that the choke isn't adjustable.. Which I have heard I should lean towards one that is adjustable to differ between the type of birds etc. Also was told the Remington 870 was on sale for 240 at bimart which is something I could consider. Was also considering their combo savage pack which should be around that price range. I understand for my price theres only select guns I can go with, but figured if I posted it I might get something to catch my eye.

One thing I haven't done yet is gone to a pawn shop, I am a bit interested to see what they have there.. Never knew albany had an ace buyers but I need to check it out.. Thanks!

going to need to add at least another hundred to your budget to get something in good shape. For deer you may want to go to Ace Buyers here in Albany as they have several 30-30's in your listed price range. As for shotguns I would go for a fairly new one (steel shot use) maybe buy a new Mossberg combo at Bimart. That combo includes the shorter barrel for slugs if you wanted to use it for deer also until you can afford a rifle.

<broken link removed>

-----------------------

That is KOOOOLLLL

<broken link removed>
===============================================================

PM your address....got to send it while Weather is cold...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.