Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

looking for a HD shotgun light

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by michaelwilson98, Jul 17, 2013.

1. michaelwilson98

michaelwilson98 Mt. Angel, Oregon Member

Like the title says I'm looking for a shotgun light. Nothing terribly fancy just something that isn't going to break the first shot. Trying to stay under 70 dollars but that's definitely flexible. It's a 12 gauge if that helps

2. Meridian7750

Meridian7750 Portland Area Well-Known Member

Here is what I've done on my pump-actions...it's about double your budget but it's a good set-up.
    Midway has the Streamlight TLR-1 for about $100. Good, robust LED light ( can also perform double-duty on a railed handgun).
    To mount it, get the Laser-Lyte "tri rail" for about $25. This small, anodized aluminum block clamps to the mag tube, just forward of the barrel clamp. For me, this puts the light in a perfect position to toggle the light on/off with my forward (non-trigger) hand.
    It's a good set-up.

3. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I really like this setup as well, but for the light I would visit DealExtreme. They sells hundreds of low cost flashlights that are copies of well known makers. Very likely you'll find one to meet your need for less than $30.

tb