JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all!
I am looking for a recommendation for a gunsmith in the Tacoma area, although Olympia would be ok too (I am near Ft. Lewis.)

I have an SKS I want the barrel threaded for a muzzle break, and I know some smiths don't have the ability to do that to an SKS.

Anyone with experience having their SKS worked on? Or perhaps a gunsmith who is actually reading this wants to chime in?
Thanks for the help!
Chris

Give Dave a call at South Ridge Arms- his website is listed on the supporting vendors. Not sure of his SKS abilities, but his 1911 skills appear to be very refined. Also, hes in Orting... so, just down 512 from Ft. Lewis.

dave is a 1911 guy. will not hurt to call. There is a smith located next to Mary's pistols on Tyler in Tacoma, you can try them.
Orting is out aways out past Puayllup

Yeah, it was Bill @ the shop next to Mary's I spoke with. He didn't have what he needed to remove the barrel from the receiver, or the right size thingy to thread that barrel. Anyone else?

I would go to Bullseye downtown Tacoma and ask Bob.Bob is a gunsmith,but if he can't do it he will have someone for you.
He's the more rotund guy down there.
And try to talk to him.Sometimes everyone down there thinks they are a gunsmith.

Or stop at Welcher's over on 64th and Pacific ave

IMO Bob should be called blob. He is a jerk. When ask to explain what went into a trigger job before i spent my money his response was we work on the trigger. i walked out. i don't go there anymore since the treated my wife like crap.

IMO Bob should be called blob. He is a jerk. When ask to explain what went into a trigger job before i spent my money his response was we work on the trigger. i walked out. i don't go there anymore since the treated my wife like crap.

Man he was always so nice too.
Maybe he's been there a little too long? I think other than Brian,he's the oldest employee.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top