JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a decent gun club/range to join around west salem as I am tired of having to find spots in the woods. I will travel a little towards newberg or albany but have not experience with these clubs. I would like some comments on what people think about some of the local clubs as I don't want to overpay or join the wrong one. Thanks in advance.

Four Corners is about the Only game in town when it comes to Salem. Unless you want to drive up to Shewood for Tri County or south of Albany for ARPC.

Four Corners has a decent web site.

I been a member for years the club has some limitations and its not a cheap club to belong to but it is private has good members lots of events and very nice clean ranges.

Albany rifle and pistol club (APRC) is good to go- that's where my wife and I are joining. We too are in West Salem- it's about a 30 minute drive away

http://www.arpc.info/

I'm sort of in the early stages of looking into what environmental/permit hurdles exist preventing me from opening an indoor shooting range in Salem myself. I know there are plenty of customers- I just don't know if it could be profitable after the government chisels off their chunk...I just think it would fill a need- be awesome, and I'd like to work for myself

Chehalem Valley Sportsmans club in Dundee is a possibility. 4 pistol bays, 100 yd rifle,
not crowded. cvsc.us

If you want any shotgun sports, full auto, etc. ARPC is a great range.

I'm a member of ARPC, but I'm surprised at the lack of options in the Salem area. If somebody had the dough to startup a Barons Den redux in Salem I think it'd go over well.

Hopefully American Outdoors will be opening one in Dallas soon.

I called these guys last week and they're currently taking surveys from their customers, with a possible range to open sometime this summer in the Dallas area, about 25 minutes from Salem. I encourage anyone who is interested to voice their support. From what I was told the plan sounds completely legitimate; covered rifle range, pistol bays, and so forth.

From what I have learned so far, insurance for an indoor range is surprisingly affordable. The hangup is with the EPA regarding lead- both fumes and disposal of shot rounds, permitting and so forth. I wish I had more time to devote to this...

Im surprised at the lack of options in Salem too. I would be interested in something in Dallas as thats not to far if something does open. Right now I am thinking Albany, or maybe checking out the chehalem valley club. All are a ways to drive from Salem though.

I would steer clear of of Four Corners. I was a member there for a couple of years, but I got fed up with the rules. I am all for rules regarding safety, but when you tell me to shoot my rifle through a steel drum and I can only load 10 rounds in a pistol mag and 5 rounds in a rifle, it's time to go somewhere else. I am considering joining the club in Albany.

I would steer clear of of Four Corners. I was a member there for a couple of years, but I got fed up with the rules. I am all for rules regarding safety, but when you tell me to shoot my rifle through a steel drum and I can only load 10 rounds in a pistol mag and 5 rounds in a rifle, it's time to go somewhere else. I am considering joining the club in Albany.

That's why I didn't join there; the steel drums.

That is what I keep hearing about four corners. I used to go with a friend there about 6 years ago and he left because of the strict rules.

We live in southeast Salem and joined the Albany club. They have plenty of bays and sponsor quite a few events and classes. We really like it. Don't know anything about 4 corners but the drive would sure be shorter.

I'm a member of ARPC, but I'm surprised at the lack of options in the Salem area. If somebody had the dough to startup a Barons Den redux in Salem I think it'd go over well.

Its possible that with recent increased interest an indoor range might fly in Salem but the last two that tried both failed due to lack of use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top