JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do a side by side comparison of your binocs with a pair of Nikon Monarchs, and you will be amazed.
Sort of like triggers. You really don't appreciate a great trigger until you have experienced one.
Best,
Gary
I had my swaro spotter in Yellowstone, and I could see considerably later in the dark than the other guy with his spotter. Yes I realize swaro is a far cry from $150.

Depends. What do you plan to use them for?
We had a forest fire 3 miles from our house last night. It's still burning but now contained. We were racing around the house getting ready. WHICH I HATED. Definitely a wake up call to be more organized and prepared.

As far as binoculars. Something reasonably light weight, decent clarity. Something to keep in the truck/car. I'd like for it to be able to be used to spot movement of wildlife(the 2 legged kind also) and fires. Waterproof would be great also. I'm not opposed to a monocular also. I was looking at some vortex options but got lost in all the choices

Looking at these soon I hope. Thoughts? Don't take them from underneath me!!
For the money, they are still great bang for the buck compared to others. They have a lot of the same specs as the monarch's, but... they still aren't monarchs. I believe the prostaff's are also made in Japan with Japanese glass and would likely be vere suitable for hunting. They do lack some refinements though and if you can afford it... I would still go with a monarch, but it's certainly not throwing your money away on a crap pair a binos if that fits better into your budget and needs.

I admit I may be bias. I've had my monarch for years and even today, people still comment on how much they love them compared to what they are packing. YMMV

Looking at these soon I hope. Thoughts? Don't take them from underneath me!!
What are you planning on using them for? If you're hunting, and plan on hiking with them, it's very difficult to hold steady breathing hard. I recommend a tripod and a universal bino tripod base. You can always balance with your elbows on your knees, but that's difficult after hiking.

Leupold bought the Redfield brand and they use it for their budget line primarily.
I bought Redfield 10x42 Rebel binos when Bimart had them on sale.
They're great for the money.
Heavy though
A friend tried mine and went right out and bought the same model.
He packs them hunting and doesn't think they are heavy.
I like 10x
A lot

Steiner Safari Pro 10X26. $137.99 on Amazon.
AFAIK, still made in Germany.
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 2.12.25 PM.png

I'd like to get something in the $150 range
10 power with a case. I don't know much about binoculars other than I need a pair. Suggestions?
A used set someone has used for birding. They're often rich as f and want to "upgrade" every few years. Like from Zeiss to Zeiss etc.
Generally you can get a $1500 set for a pittance because they don't care.

I owned Nikon Monarch's 8x42 and they were decent for birds and deer. I would recommend them for your price range.

I now use Leupold BX-Pro Guides and the step up in price was worth it. Used a fellows Swaro's on a trip and they were even more impressive.

So as has been said, you get what you pay for. And I agree also with comments about Vortex Binocs. Not a fan. However, I love their riflescope, especially their Gen II models.

Oh hey... here's one. Japanese glass and... not the "best" price, but pretty good considering they can easily go for $300+. Used market you could probably find some decent stuff in the $150-$200 range.

Personally I will never buy another Nikon product. Many aren't aware that they have stopped importing scopes here. Sure you can still find them new. But they will screw you on the lifetime warranty. They will not have repair parts, and they will offer you a credit on something else in their catalog. Only after MONTHS of delay will you eventually get a check out of them.
I personally experienced it.

I have my Father's Navy binoculars from WWII. Exceptional set and a WWII artifact.
I would sell them for $150 if you are interested. I'll PM you. If he isn't interested,
is anyone else interested? They come with original case.

I have my Father's Navy binoculars from WWII. Exceptional set and a WWII artifact.
I would sell them for $150 if you are interested. I'll PM you. If he isn't interested,
is anyone else interested? They come with original case.
Are they marked BU Ships?
Best,
Gary

Unfortunately, these are not marked BU. He carried them on
a resupply ship named the Baxite in the south pacific.
Based on my experience with Naval binocs of that era, I expect they are decent binoculars.
That being said, they would fall short of the less expensive glass available today
Not my business, but I would check with family members before I moved them along.
Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top