JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go to places like Cabelas, Sportsmans et al and check out every 1 that they have in your price range. Also, step above your price range to see if theres anything close thats better.
XMass isnt far away and if you can wait, you may find a better deal or be able to give a gift idea.

Good luck.

With optics, you get what you pay for. If you can swing it, see if you can get some Japanese glass as opposed to Chinese or equivalent.

$150 will get you some usable binoc's from the Japanese brands now made in non-Japanese Asia. The last two (cheap) pairs I bought, were Leupold brand, but made in Asia. Really quite fantastic in spite of the $120 price tag. I no longer see this model in the Leupold website, but the other players still sell equal quality binoc's in the same price range.

Two thoughts...
Waterproof is very important, and
10-power I've found to be a bit overblown for my use. 7X or 8x is much more manageable.

My discontinued Leupold's are the Yosemite model. They might be found as new-old stock. My next choice would be the even less expensive Leupold Rogue. Being Leupold, they still have a lifetime warranty. Others brands may claim a warranty, but I defy anybody to use the warranty successfully and without cost.

Last Edited:
Oh hey... here's one. Japanese glass and... not the "best" price, but pretty good considering they can easily go for $300+. Used market you could probably find some decent stuff in the $150-$200 range.

Last Edited:
Oh hey... here's one. Japanese glass and... not the best price, but pretty good considering they can easily go for $300+. Used marked you could probably find some decent stuff in the $150-$200 range.

Personally, I'd be careful about buying used on the bay, there's a lot of counterfeit products out there. I'm not sure on Nikon, but I know Leupold is counterfeited pretty frequently.

Personally, I'd be careful about buying used on the bay, there's a lot of counterfeit products out there. I'm not sure on Nikon, but I know Leupold is counterfeited pretty frequently.
True. Always good to check buyer feedback and other offerings. That guy... 20yr old acct, 100% feedback and looks to be an optics dealer. Tons of optics of different makes and vintage.

Looks just like mine. ;)

I personally prefer 8x, 10x is tough to support.
Quite true. Which is why it's pretty important to know how you plan to use them. Hunting, you don't necessarily need a hand held unsupported optic able to see the hairs on a bull 1000yds out. 👍

At that price point I would be looking at Vortex Diamondback HD. For the money I think they are very good. Plus the warranty is one of the best you can get. I started there and then went to some Zen Ray Primes, which if you can find are worth it. Yes, they are Chinese but have Japanese glass and very similar to the Vortex Razor. Both of them are great value for what you get, chromatic aberration is good and light gathering is above average. Buy the best glass you can will pay dividends when you're out using them, and you can't pick which is better in a store. They all look good in a store when you're looking 100yds with good light, you need to test them at 1000yds at dusk to find the right ones.

Quite true. Which is why it's pretty important to know how you plan to use them. Hunting, you don't necessarily need a hand held unsupported optic able to see the hairs on a bull 1000yds out. 👍
Hunting is an interesting one though. If you're hunting in an area with whitetail, you'll definitely want to be able to see if there's one main branch or if there's two on a three point.

Hunting is an interesting one though. If you're hunting in an area with whitetail, you'll definitely want to be able to see if there's one main branch or if there's two on a three point.
Rifle scope so you're reay to throw down range... 👍

I don't like Vortex scopes, but their binoculars are pretty good for the money, and if you damage them in any way, warranty covers it. I bought my last pair on eBay and they came with a decent harness/case. The 10x42 Crossfire HD with the harness can be had for under $150 right now.

I'd like to get something in the $150 range
10 power with a case. I don't know much about binoculars other than I need a pair. Suggestions?
The Nikon Monarch series offers the most bang for the buck I have found.
Right now, REI has Nikon Monarch 5's for less than $300.
That is the best glass you will get for the money.
I own binocs costing 7-8 times more than that, and yet, I still enjoy my Nikons at times when possibility of loss or theft is high.
I also use them as "loaners", and people are amazed.
You might also check the Nikon site for factory refurbished Monarchs.
As for $150 binocs, please, do not waste your money.
Best,
Gary

I got a pair of vortex 10x42 binos last year from sportsmans warehouse that were under $200 and I have been very happy with hem so far. I believe they were on sale though so you may have to watch for that.

I got a pair of vortex 10x42 binos last year from sportsmans warehouse that were under $200 and I have been very happy with hem so far. I believe they were on sale though so you may have to watch for that.
Do a side by side comparison of your binocs with a pair of Nikon Monarchs, and you will be amazed.
Sort of like triggers. You really don't appreciate a great trigger until you have experienced one.
Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews