JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Traded for a cimarron revolver and when I shoot it, the cylinder either over rotates or under rotates...can't remember since I haven't shot in a while. Don't know enough about revolvers to work on it myself.

Revolvers tend to be more precision instruments than typical semi-autos. Not everyone who claims to be a gunsmith is equipped or knows how to properly work on one. I'd consider sending it back to the factory as my first choice. Cimarron is still in business. Contact them and see what they can do.

I just looked at Cimarron's website. They are importers but will provide service for Uberti and Pedersoli products that they sell.

I'd prefer to pay a competent gunsmith locally first. Since I got this revolver in a trade, it won't be repaired under warranty and I'm hesitant to just send it out without having an estimate as to how much it'll cost to get fixed.

I'd prefer to pay a competent gunsmith locally first. Since I got this revolver in a trade, it won't be repaired under warranty and I'm hesitant to just send it out without having an estimate as to how much it'll cost to get fixed.

@Velzey is the top of the line first person I contact. If he can't do it then he most likely knows someone who can.

He's on the East side but if you want the best it might be a drive to consider making.

Everyone I know raves about his work and he has given me very solid advice in the past.

About to embark on a Beretta 92fs Inox steroid project with him and I'm at least as far away from him as you are.

How did you screw it up without firing it? :s0108:
Lets just say, the factory could have done a better job with the Q.C! Who ever bought it did so as a collector piece, never even rotated the cylinder or ever cleaned out all the factory preservative oil, which has turned to schlack! Needs the hammer cleaned up a little, the trigger smoothed and the frame where the hammer passes through also cleaned up! :cool:

Lets just say, the factory could have done a better job with the Q.C! Who ever bought it did so as a collector piece, never even rotated the cylinder or ever cleaned out all the factory preservative oil, which has turned to schlack! Needs the hammer cleaned up a little, the trigger smoothed and the frame where the hammer passes through also cleaned up! :cool:

Then it'll be time to shoot it? :)

Out of timing on a 1873 I assume...8/10 broke spring..2/10 worn arm...15mins an a proper flat blade screw driver..you'll find out..if you can rebuild a carburator you can swap parts on a revolver.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top