JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any of the previously mentioned. But it really depends on what you will be doing with the knife. If it will be used for usual daily tasks like killing mail and severing packing tape to open amazon boxes then a Kershaw Skyline or a Benchmade bugout would fit the description for most EDC needs.
I have a lot of EDC's. Benchmade Griptilians in various sizes, shapes, and colors, Kershaw Skylines in various flavors, Kershaw cryo's in various colors, a Benchmade Bugout (current EDC) and several Kershaw assisted openers of the Ken Onion variety. All good knives that serve their purpose for what is considered "EDC use".

I agree on the mini griptillian, i carry one for work or handyman stuff around the house. I have been swayed by the benchmade north fork and now cant leave the house without it. Theres more weight to the blade with a larger handle which makes for a good smaller knife for bigger hands. Heavier blade lets you snap out the blade with a little flick of the wrist. Theres a G-10 composite handle material option too if the wood isnt your style. Both have the deep carry clip so its accessible and they aren't "concealed", but will be a little more cost up front than a CRKT or gerber. I think its a good investment for something you'll carry every day.
(Pictured: North Fork-left/Mini Grip-right)

1528153560323622909640.jpg

I've sort of been spoiled by the prices, and slowly amassing a collection of these inexpensive knives by Ganzo.

At 20 bucks a pop for most models, I've slowly been placing them everywhere around the house, cars, BOBs, GHBs, hiking packs, camping packs, you name it. I've been carrying one of a handful different models for a while now. I especially like their cleaver models lately. I didn't think the blade profile would serve me well, but they are quite handy. The steel is lesser, but holds an edge well. Rarely sharpen.

GANZO FIREBIRD

I'm a huge fan of the Emerson CQC knives.

6034_profile_1020x400.png

They're a fairly no-frills knife, but have Emerson's 'Wave' feature that allows you to open them as they're being drawn out of your pocket.

I picked up a half dozen of them at one of the Kershaw warehouse sales a few years back, and they're about all I carry anymore.

Hey all, as time goes by, I find myself in want of a knife for all sorts of stuff, and of course I never have one. I'm looking for something I can carry concealed in the pocket with some sort of clip hanging out, 4" blade, and something with a good grip on it. I like the assisted flip-open style too. Don't need a serrated blade. Don't need to spend a gajillion on it either.

What say y'all?

Byrd cara cara 2

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top