JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, as time goes by, I find myself in want of a knife for all sorts of stuff, and of course I never have one. I'm looking for something I can carry concealed in the pocket with some sort of clip hanging out, 4" blade, and something with a good grip on it. I like the assisted flip-open style too. Don't need a serrated blade. Don't need to spend a gajillion on it either.

What say y'all?

I carry a Benchmade Griptilian every day. I don't consider it a "fighting knife". WA has more rules regarding knives and hiw they operate, so I carry an unassisted folder. I think most would have a hard time opening a knife like this in a fight. But, its great for everything else that happens.

I carry this one as my edc off work:
F9A01949-22AC-4AB5-8192-0F248379D04F.jpeg

And this one at work:
E99BAABE-E8A6-499E-8AF2-DA4F338488E6.jpeg

I EDC a SOG aegis tanto, its a 3.5", spring assist, mine has serrations, but they have a non-serrated version as well. I believe I paid 65 for mine.

My Carry knife is a Kershaw 1550ST. The blade is serrated for about a third of the length. I also had one without any serrations but it disappeared just a couple days after I got them. I didn't think I wanted the serrations but I seem to use them a lot more than I ever thought I would. It has the pocket clip. It was a "Seconds" knife and I did have to re-temper the clip, which was soft. Maybe that's what happened to the other one.

Check on knifeworks.com before you buy. They are generally cheaper then everywhere else.

I like the kershaw assisted knives like the blur but currently am carrying an Esee Avispa and it handles abuse daily. Not assisted opening though.

Hey all, as time goes by, I find myself in want of a knife for all sorts of stuff, and of course I never have one. I'm looking for something I can carry concealed in the pocket with some sort of clip hanging out, 4" blade, and something with a good grip on it. I like the assisted flip-open style too. Don't need a serrated blade. Don't need to spend a gajillion on it either.

What say y'all?
My edc knife is a spiderco endurana 2. Plain flat ground blade. About 3 3/4 blade, relatively thin blade. Light weight. Cost only about 80$ from Amazon. Thin blade shaped great for slicing tomatoes or spreading peanut butter. Flat ground so it's easy to clean and sharpen. I got the one with the blue scales. Amazing how much that added to my delight in ownership.

I have a lot of knives. Been collecting and carrying for years. I have multiple EDC from different manufactures, but outside of Chris Reeve, my Benchmade Mini Barrage has stood up the best of any knife I have owned. I've carried it since it came out of Benchmade's factory in Oregon City. Runner up is another Benchmade. A CLA. Its automatic and little thinner in profile to carry. But I've only been carrying it for a year, so I can't compare it to the Barrage. My son carries a Benchmade Mini-Reflex that's well over 10 years old, too. I have a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 that is prettier and with a great blade, but is also (for me) a bit large to carry in a front or back pocket.

Simply can not go wrong with a Kershaw Blur.

View attachment 452056

I too carry a Kershaw blur, the model with the s30v blade,. Going on 4 years now, I love it!

I've had mine for 14 years and only retired it because I had grown so fond of it and didn't want to use it for the work I do now because it would get pretty abused.

Went with a different blade just to try it out and it was cheaper to buy.

Always have my Leatherman Wave on me.
Will also find one, the other or both of the following: $30 & $10 respectively. I think both are no longer available (have the predecessor to the Coast RX360)
Coast RX360 Knife
Kershaw Crown Liner Lock Knife (3.25" Satin) 3160 - Blade HQ

I stone them both.
I'm regularly using them to cut cardboard, strip wire, prise things apart, open boxes, open beer bottles, cut cloth into rags, etc.
Prefer the non-serrated blades.

Have a thing for automatics, despite the law, and carried a Boker Kalashnikov for about 10 years. Very fast, AUS-8 steel, and cheap, I think they're currently available for around $40 or less. Finally decided it was time to retire it last year, it was worn enough that the blade wouldn't stay fully closed, which made getting it out of a pocket a challenge :eek:. Hadn't looked at knife steel in a long time, started doing some research, and decided my next one would be S30V, even though that nearly doubled the price. Benchmade kept coming up as the one to beat, so I ended up with a Benchmade Casbah automatic with the blue grip and plain edge drop point blade, my favorite style. Not as fast as the old Boker, but fast enough, and the safety is excellent. About $150, but well worth it IMO. Source was BladeHQ.com. Good luck.

Dave

Have a thing for automatics, despite the law, and carried a Boker Kalashnikov for about 10 years. Very fast, AUS-8 steel, and cheap, I think they're currently available for around $40 or less. Finally decided it was time to retire it last year, it was worn enough that the blade wouldn't stay fully closed, which made getting it out of a pocket a challenge :eek:. Hadn't looked at knife steel in a long time, started doing some research, and decided my next one would be S30V, even though that nearly doubled the price. Benchmade kept coming up as the one to beat, so I ended up with a Benchmade Casbah automatic with the blue grip and plain edge drop point blade, my favorite style. Not as fast as the old Boker, but fast enough, and the safety is excellent. About $150, but well worth it IMO. Source was BladeHQ.com. Good luck.

Dave

After acquiring a benchmade auto I honestly don't see much of a speed difference between that and an assisted opening kershaw or similar.

Fantastic knife and I could sell or trade it but it's likely the only benchmade I'll own for the foreseeable future (cuz cost not that I don't really like them and the one I have is from part of a trade package so I didn't go looking to buy one).

I can even open my non assisted Esee with the thumb stud nearly as fast.

Since I can not take a gun to work and am unwilling to risk my job for piece of mind, my knife is what I always have on me for protection a lot of the time during the week.

I wouldn't want to deal with stabbing someone in self defense and then have to explain why I had an auto on me.

But I'm in the PDX Metro area and Vancouver is even worse:oops:

I've had a griptillian. It was good also had a benchmade auto, dont remember which one. It was fantastic but I didn't like needing a second hand or object to close it.

Right now, I have a benchmades mini barrage that i like, but again, it takes a second hand or something else to close.

The knife I find in my pocket the most is a spyderco paramilitary 2. It's not something I'd abuse by using it to pry or something as the tip is pretty thin. But it deploys and closed with one hand quick and easy, slices amazing, and does other edc stuff very well

Anything benchmade. Someone is selling a bunch of em on the classifieds right now.

I use this guy.

Benchmade Volli Family

Super comfy, and I have been carrying it for 6 years now I think? I have used it to cut thick plastic sheets by "batoning" it with a axe handle (really hard) and it has held up great.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top