JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Really would love to find a setup for a steel silhouette or gong with everything to get it standing. I don't mind buying a 2x4 or metal stake depending on the style. Ideally I'd like to be able to bring it with me whenever I go outdoor shooting. Most concerned about the mounting and stand hardware. Thank you!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I'm kind of in the same scenario. Oregon Rifleworks had a setup for like $165 that included the base, 2x4, top piece, and silhouette. That's my only price reference, but will be looking around for different options before I go to buy.

@brucekr
Yeah I just was looking at highwild, they have a steel hostage target with the smaller paddle you can shoot to either side plus a stand and the attachment for a 2x4 for 155 before shipping and xsteeltargets has a decent sale different shapes of steel with different ratings. Maybe check them out too if your in the market. So it's looking like 160ish before buying a peice of 2x4 and not including shipping. Thanks for the heads up

Last Edited:
Thanks, Ill take a look. Do you think the EZ Xsteel one is a good deal?
I would probably go with super lock tpost set up and 12Ă—24 ar500 3/8 torso plate which would run you about $100 shipped, maybe less with promo code. Then you would need to buy a tpost which are around $5. The tpost set up would give you more options for height of mounting target. The xsteel looks like it would be more difficult to position at normal torso height.

yeah now that I think about it I'm going to go with Tpost for sure. they have a 18 dollar one one amazon that I'm going to grab two of then ill prob grab two smaller silhouette style steel plates that are on sale and bring that with me. search for this on amazon "Steel Target Hanger, T Post AR500 / A36 Plate Mount"

yeah now that I think about it I'm going to go with Tpost for sure. they have a 18 dollar one one amazon that I'm going to grab two of then ill prob grab two smaller silhouette style steel plates that are on sale and bring that with me. search for this on amazon "Steel Target Hanger, T Post AR500 / A36 Plate Mount"
Any tpost set up is going to give you the most flexibility with heights of target. If you don't mind hauling around tpost in your vehicle. Good luck with whatever route you go.

I went this route and have been very very pleased. I just bought a second set since they are on sale so I can setup two sets of steel.

You attached those to whatever height 2x4 you want your stand at, then use a cross beam. I pack this is my rig really easy, since it ends up just being 2x4's with the attachments

Then I got these for my hangers:

I was probably overly concerned with my steel hanging at the correct angle, and these make that really easy. They've stood up to some big holes too (30-30)

Got my steel from these guys. Also bought one on Amazon and wouldn't do that again. The quality on these guys is top notch:

J&B firearms is in your area and has targets in stock
I run these there set ups
92ADF80C-08F2-4B06-82B0-A341A8DFA3CD.png

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top