JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a sig 229, love it hogue grips+7 mags and holster, I paid 500.00 for it. probably the most easy feeling accurate auto I have fired. As far as feild stripping they are almost the same with a few special details. I can take my sig down with my eyes closed in less then 10 sec. simple. as far as glocks I just prefer an exposed hammer. but my best advise ....go to a range and shoot them all see what you like. my 2 cents:s0155:

I guess nobody likes the s&w sigma.Well i love mine and i had 2 glocks before it i would never own another glock. i shoot better with my .40 sigma.My own opinion. I am sure others will be critical of my choice but like i said i have shot and owned both.

ouch, when you can..try the CZ-USA 40 P they are $399 new and used a few bucks less. they are Sa/Da but have one of the most ergonomical grips, so good Armalite copied it for their AR24 I think.:s0155:

it does not matter if its your first or last 40 or for that matter caliber if you want somthing to go bang every time and shoots well get a glock and a ghost trigger and your good to go and if your were set on a 40 than id go with a g23 i dont have one but that would be my choice i have a 27 and a 29

Vote for a IMI Baby Eagle .40 compact (Jericho or whatever else they call the variants).

I was LOOKING for a M&P 40 compact, but I got mine for free essentially and didnt know anything about them, had to do alot of digging for info, but they are a SOLID SOLID gun. Mine is the all steel version, VERY manageable recoil VERY accurate and chews up anything you shoot out of it. Small and pretty light for an all steel gun, polygonal rifling... LOVE IT after shooting the M&P, I couldnt talk myself into getting rid of it for any other .40.

Pixors:
View attachment 206613
IMAG0093.jpg
IMAG0094.jpg
IMAG0095.jpg
IMAG0096.jpg

Anyone know a range in Portland area, that has a nice selection of .40 cal guns you can "rent" to shoot? Id like to find one that I not only fit good with, but shoot good with.

Hi Scruff,

I've got two Springfields (XD sub-compact and XDM), that have both been rock solid reliable. Then I happened upon a Sig P229 that changed my life! Originally it was in 357 Sig, but I bought a 40 cal barrel, so now I can shoot both. For me it's a much better shooter, and I like having the decocker.

I've shot a few Glocks, but they never grabbed me like the Sig.

One more note - I find the sub-compact a lot harder to shoot. It may not be the best for a first gun.

Bryce

Honestly I cant believe no one is saying the FNP40. I have the 9mm and it is a fine gun. If you read around the FN pistols are the most under rated guns out there. It has never jammed on me in over a 1000 rounds, its dead on accurate, comes with 3 mags, and has the FN Herstal name, which needs no explaining. I will bet no one you know will have an FNP40 as well. Give them a look, I dont think you will be dissapointed. They can be had all day under $500 on gunbroker.
<broken link removed>

I agree with you. I just got myself an FNP-9 and it has been great. I too have shot almost 1000 rounds and it has been great. The FNP's/FNX has swappable backstraps also if youre looking for that. They are very ergonomic guns, very accurate, and very easy to take-down. I also agree that they are very under-rated. FN didn't advertise them that much, but try one out..you'll love it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top