JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good morning Velzey,
I'm a little confused about what you're saying. Are you saying you think we had issues with Jeremy ? We're perfectly happy with Jeremy's work and we spent lots of enjoyable time visiting with him. If I had known about Jeremy sooner I would have saved myself a lot of grief. We would recommend him in a heart beat.

My problem with the first shop I dealt with was it took 4 trips at 100 miles round trip each time to finally get the work done right. Each time I went to pickup there was something wrong e.g. front sight burred up, front sight in the white, comp wouldn't fit on barrel, discoloration of slide, etc.
When I finally got our toys back ( 2 Kahr slides, 2 RIA frames, 2 Complete Marvel Precision uppers & comp, and some stuff I forget ) it only took 6 months before the finishes started to wear off.

All the toys shown above were customized by me. I do checkering, stippling, barrel fitting, slide to frame tightening, 2 1/2 # trigger pulls on 1911s (only for our selves ), for ourselves, friends and family
So like Jeremy and you I take pride in my work and what it looks like to others.
John

Hard chromed Colt Gov't model w/ Bar-Sto barrel Now has a fiber optic front sight
02- Colt Gov't Model.jpg

Para-Ordnance frame w/ comped Colt slide w/ Bar-Sto barrel. Also now has a fiber optic front sight
02-  ParaOrdnance-Colt.jpg

Son's Colt Oficers Model w/Ed Brown barrel. I never liked this gun
02 Tonys Officers Model.jpg

.22 Colt Diamondback w/ trigger work and no miss fires. I believe this is the only Diamondback with a fiber optic front sight
03 Diamondback sights.jpg

S&W Mod. 60. Front sight on this one is from a 1911
01 S&W Mod 60.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel lumped in with your scathing review about Oregon Timber Wolf. Just because I am "all the way" out in Estacada you are hesitant to do business with me.
When I spoke to you on the phone I made it clear I meet allot of customers around the Banks area.

Velzey was recommended to me a while back when I wrote a scatting review about Oregon Timber Wolf in Molino.

I had to make four one hundred mile round trips to them before they got my toys semi right.
So I'm a little skeptical about going all the way out to Estacada from Hillsboro
BUYER BEWARE

I feel lumped in with your scathing review about Oregon Timber Wolf. Just because I am "all the way" out in Estacada you are hesitant to do business with me.
When I spoke to you on the phone I made it clear I meet allot of customers around the Banks area.

"I had to make four one hundred mile round trips to them before they got my toys semi right.
So I'm a little skeptical about going all the way out to Estacada from Hillsboro
BUYER BEWARE "

Velzey,
I'm so sorry about how I wrote that post. My reluctance was about the travel time and distance, not about any work except when it comes to OTW Cerakoting. I'm gonna assume that you are further out then OTW. You come highly recommended here, and so does Jeremy. Jeremy is closer. I checked out other shops in my area and I wasn't satisfied. So Jeremy got the job. If there wasn't a Jeremy the next call would have been to you.
If you recall I called you to see about welding a cracked aluminum slide. And you gave me a straight honest answer. If what I wanted could be done, I would have been at your door. I still may be there If you'll let me in. On a previous thread I started about my experience with OTW. I mentioned that I was told they could Cerakote over hard chrome, which I know is not so. You wrote that you could strip hard chrome off.
Since there aren't any firearms hard chromers that I know of in Oregon and I don't want to pay the freight to ship them out, I'm thinking of having some slides stripped and then Cerakoted

And yes I will hire a proof reader

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top