Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for a 30-300yd place to sight in.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by omenwolf, Jan 28, 2013.

1. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

So I shot my first 3 gun at Douglas ridge yesterday and I was all over the place at 200+ yards. I know some of it was me with the nerves of shooting my first 3gun. But I know my scope is not zeroed as I would like. I'm trying to find an outdoor spot that I can get it dialed in from 30-300 yards so I know where it is everywhere in between. Only range I know of that has those kind of ranges is Douglas ridge and I don't have the cheddar to join there yet, I wish they did day passes. It can also be a range if someone know of one that isn't to far outside of PDX and won't break the bank like " the place to shoot" in delta park.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

if you know someone that is a member at douglas ridge you can go with them for 5 bucks

3. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Tri-County also has a 300 yard range.

4. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

But must be accompanied by a member. Sighting days one to the public are in September. They might not hold them again.

5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

you could buy a range finder and go out in the woods/country. That way you know the distance to any point and can set up most anywhere. Also good for ranging in the field...

6. Wooster

Wooster NW Portland, Oregon New Member

English Pit has 25-100 yards to start with.

7. techiej

techiej vancouver, wa Active Member

Clark Rifles is also an option...they ar eopen to the public (for a fee) on Sundays.