JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What kind of Budget? A Brand new Glock G-20 can be had for a pretty good price ( if you watch out for the adds on line) or you could pick up a brand new Rock Island 1911 in 10 mm auto! Depends on your budget and what trips your trigger!
My money would be for the Rock, proven performance and can take the Nuke Power loads way better then the Block!
See our vender @LuckySG for the best deal and service on a new pistol! :D

Last Edited:
Budget for used is $400-$500. I've not heard of the Rock Island but I'll take a look. I had a Taurus 1911 .45 years ago that I wasn't very happy with. I figured a Glock would be the lightest 10mm unless you can advise otherwise?
Thanks for the feedback!

The G20 is the perfect choice with an Underwood 200gr Hardcast & 200gr XTP JHP cocktail.

Everyone knows this, but not all willing to admit it publicly. :D

Thank God for honest men like Ura-Ki
:s0093:

Budget for used is $400-$500. I've not heard of the Rock Island but I'll take a look. I had a Taurus 1911 .45 years ago that I wasn't very happy with. I figured a Glock would be the lightest 10mm unless you can advise otherwise?
Thanks for the feedback!

Taking a quick look at my favorite place, Davidson's they are showing me I could have a G20 out the door for $550. If Glock in 10 does it for you I doubt you are going to do much better in the used guns. Since even if you find one for around $75 cheaper used you still have to add in the BGC at the shop you do the transfer at. Just get a new one for $550

You guys know your sh*t! Let me throw some more info your way and perhaps you could get me dialed in a bit more?

I won't be hunting with it, more for large predator defense.
I prefer something lighter, but obviously reliability trumps weight.
It will get wet.

That's about all I can think of for now. Had a member offer his brand new Ruger 1911. Any thoughts on those?
Thanks again!

Taking a quick look at my favorite place, Davidson's they are showing me I could have a G20 out the door for $550. If Glock in 10 does it for you I doubt you are going to do much better in the used guns. Since even if you find one for around $75 cheaper used you still have to add in the BGC at the shop you do the transfer at. Just get a new one for $550

Good point Alex!

I had a G29 but it was too small of a grip for a gun with such a massive slide (compared to my other glox), so I got the G20 since it fits better and can shoot down asteroids if called upon to do so.

I had a G29 but it was too small of a grip for a gun with such a massive slide (compared to my other glox), so I got the G20 since it fits better and can shoot down asteroids if called upon to do so.

I saw that researching the Glocks. Definitely leaning towards the G20. Thanks!

Just entered the forum, thought I would share an experience. I have a G20. Made the mistake of buying some 10mm remanufactured ammo at a gun show. I normally load my own. The second round blew the mag out of the gun, cracked the frame and my wrist was sore for awhile. I called Glock, not their fault, but they offered a new for 100 bucks. Much better than the cost of a new gun. They also offered to inspect the top end if I send it. It was ok, but they replaced the recoil spring and refinished the holster ware. Sent a new magazine as well. It looks like a brand new gun! Most firearms companies offer good service, but just wanted to pass on this positive experience.
No more temptation for cheap ammo. Lesson learned.

If it's gunna see a lot of moisture, the g20 is a no brainer. orrr..
look into the Tanfoglio EAA witness. Lots of options from plastic budget to race guns... Ive heard nothing but positive stuff about them,but if you go tanfo, definitely go to hennings and get the upgraded guide rod.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.