JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a new Colt 6920 with a Nikon scope that I would like to sight in at 100 yards. My local range is indoors for pistols only. So I am looking for suggestions as to where I might sight in my AR at 100 yards. I am in Hillsboro, so northern Oregon or southern Washington would be best.

Thanks,
Jim

I know Douglas Ridge has a 100 yard range. Members there can bring a guest for $5 per person. Sounds like it might be worth making friends with a member and see if they'd bring you along sometime. I'm guessing some of the other ranges like Canby, Tualatin Valley and maybe Camas allow guests too. My range is also indoor, pistol only, I'm thinking of joining up at a place like Douglas Ridge so I can shoot my long guns as well.

I know Douglas Ridge has a 100 yard range. Members there can bring a guest for $5 per person. Sounds like it might be worth making friends with a member and see if they'd bring you along sometime. I'm guessing some of the other ranges like Canby, Tualatin Valley and maybe Camas allow guests too. My range is also indoor, pistol only, I'm thinking of joining up at a place like Douglas Ridge so I can shoot my long guns as well.

Thanks,
DR is about an hour and a half from me with no traffic (when is that). Plus the start up membership is $330.00 ;^(
But the range looks nice....will give it some thought

Jim

Jim--if you could do it Friday between 10AM and 1 PM, I'll be at the CVSC range in Dundee doing match
set-up. You could be my guest.

Jim--if you could do it Friday between 10AM and 1 PM, I'll be at the CVSC range in Dundee doing match
set-up. You could be my guest.

Bill,

That is very generous of you.
You should have a PM......or rather a "conversation" from me.

Jim

Thanks,
DR is about an hour and a half from me with no traffic (when is that). Plus the start up membership is $330.00 ;^(

Jim

Unfortunately the options are somewhat limited. One of the reasons I'm looking at DRRC is that they are currently accepting members - most of the other big ranges aren't - and have a wait list that is years long. Once you get past the initial fees, the yearly cost is pretty reasonable.

As for the driving distance, unfortunately, not much can be done about that :mad:, unless you want to move, of course. For me the drive to DRRC is about 30 minutes, but getting to a public shooting spot out in the forest land would be well over an hour - and that's an unpredictable situation depending on who you run into out there.

Thanks,

Jim
Hey Jim,

I'm a member and be happy to take you in. I'm available this weekend. You pay the $5 fee and buy me a beer (you don't even have to buy the beer) and I'll get you in. Start a conversation if you are interested.

don

Unfortunately the options are somewhat limited. One of the reasons I'm looking at DRRC is that they are currently accepting members -

You need to be approved to use the real long range (200-1000) at DRRC. But if you'd like to be my guest to shoot the 200, send me a conversation. DRRC is a great range and I'd be happy to help a new member join.
don

Don,

Sent you.......sorry, started a conversation ;^)
Too soon for the 200 yard range for me.
I would just like to get my Colt AR sighted in at 100 and put some rounds down range with this new Colt.

Thanks,
Jim

Chehalem Valley is a good spot. I'm not sure if they are accepting new members though. its in Dundee cvcc
It's like $100 a year.

CV is the closest to me by a long shot, plus the road is well known to me as I used to live in Banks ;^) $100 a year is VERY reasonable, I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

According to their website they closed the 2014 new membership in January........no wait list offered. Website says to take a look in December 2014 ;^(

Don,

Sent you.......sorry, started a conversation ;^)
Too soon for the 200 yard range for me.
I would just like to get my Colt AR sighted in at 100 and put some rounds down range with this new Colt.

Thanks,
Jim
200 is the max. For 100, it's no problem. I'll send you a message

If you would be willing to drive down to Keizer, I'd be happy to take you to the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. I'm a member there. You can shoot out to 200 yards easily. And if you bring the 9mm, I'll let you shoot my M11/9. It's full auto and I have a suppressor for it. Shooting 147 gr. ammo, all you hear is the clack-clack-clack of the bolt.

If you would be willing to drive down to Keizer, I'd be happy to take you to the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. I'm a member there. You can shoot out to 200 yards easily. And if you bring the 9mm, I'll let you shoot my M11/9. It's full auto and I have a suppressor for it. Shooting 147 gr. ammo, all you hear is the clack-clack-clack of the bolt.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun.
Shooting full auto is on my bucket list :^) And I happen to have several hundred rounds of 9mm.....only 115gr. Would I be able to sight in my new Colt AR as well?
Just let me know when works for you...except for this Sunday.

I look forward to your reply,

Thanks,

Jim

[email protected]

Thanks to all of you that have offered to take me as a guest to a range. I would really like to take all of you up on your offers!
BUT; Murphy's Law doesn't want me to get a scope on my AR by this weekend....
I seem to be in scope mount hell ;^(

The mount I ordered with my Nikon P-223 scope was also a Nikon mount designed just for the scope. The specs said it was perfect for "Flat top ARs" but it's mount cuts were far too narrow to fit the rail on my Colt 6920, so I sent it back.

The second mount I ordered was a one piece mount that had adjustable clamps and fit my Colt's rails just fine........but the space between the two mounts was about 4mm to narrow to allow the scope to mount, so I will send it back.

Just an hour ago I went to my local Sportsman's Warehouse to see what they might have. Since all the scope rings were behind the counter making comparisons was less than easy. I bought a set of Weaver Grand Slam rings "High size" but when I tried them on my AR the bottom of the scope optic barrels just touched the rails while sitting loose in the rings......so not nearly "High" enough for an AR.

Bottom line, my scope will likely not be mounted in time for use this weekend. :oops:

I will let you know when the AR is ready to rock and if you are still willing we can meet up.

Thanks again for the offers. :)

Jim

almost everything is a drive to go shoot these days.:(
Near cougar,washington is my home range,wolverton mt.,and they are open to the public the 2nd sunday of every month. 5 dollars per shooter,no limit on how many guns you can bring,but no full auto.
Max 150 yds on the rifle range,you can set up closer too.
ABout 25 minutes East of woodland,wa.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top