JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You need to be approved to use the real long range (200-1000) at DRRC. But if you'd like to be my guest to shoot the 200, send me a conversation. DRRC is a great range and I'd be happy to help a new member join.
don

Just as a point of clarity: you need to follow the range SOP's as set out in the handbook but there is no approval process necessary to shoot long range. It helps to go at least once with someone who's done it before to get the gist of it but it isn't required.

There are 200y targets available anytime the covered rifle range is open. 300+ is shot on Thursday's or at some special event such as the service rifle event coming up on the 12th.

We are the only range currently accepting membership.

There's an open house this weekend if you would like to come look around 3p-7p.

After your initiation fees the monthly costs breaks down to $12.50.

Just thought about it, and it may seem like a no-brainer...but I've seen someone do it.

The Nikon p-223 mount you had. Did you try and slide it onto the rail from one end of the receiver?

I seriously watched a guy in a store I used to work at try and push them down from the top once.

Outside of that working I used to use a set of super high rings to mount the scope before I got my nikon mount

Well I got my scope mounted, just took trying four different mounts View attachment 92818:oops:

Thanks again,

Jim

This little puppy just barely fit the Nikon. I would have preferred two mount points to the rail but at this point I really just wanted to get the scope mounted. I may switch to two extra high rings in the future.

31MwUHgB1aL._SX300_.jpg

Last Edited:
The Nikon p-223 mount you had. Did you try and slide it onto the rail from one end of the receiver?

Yes, I tried to get them on from both ends of the fixed receiver rail....and not just one try. Perhaps my set was just mis-milled??
I might have been able to pound them on with a hammer.......but it would have torn the hell out of my top rail!!

Jim - Let us know if we can help. We have scopes and I have a Chehalem Valley membership . . . . so whatever works for you, I'd be glad to help.
Richard:)

Richard,

Thanks so much for the kind offer. I think I got it sorted out and was able to get pretty well sighted in at 100yds yesterday with great assistance from Don H out at the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.

Thanks again,
Jim

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews