JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for the smallest DA/SA pistol I can find in 9mm. Preferably one similar to sig pistols in function. I am hoping that it will be small enough for pocket carry, but failing that ill look for a small DAO in 9mm. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I like my Taurus PT-740. A PT-709 may be what you're looking for. Caries fine to me but I'm not sure how small you're looking for.

All of the magazine ads for the Taurus PT-709 Slim call it a DA/SA pistol, and reviewers all extol its easy trigger. BUT in only one spot on the Taurus website they define it as SINGLE ACTION ONLY! When racked the striker is fully cocked! No wonder the trigger is sweet! Myself, I don't trust a cocked and locked pistol with no grip safety for pocket carry.............................elsullo :(

I like my Taurus PT-740. A PT-709 may be what you're looking for. Caries fine to me but I'm not sure how small you're looking for.

I like my PT709. It is reliable, accurate, and I like the fact that it has a thumb operated safety since it is a great size for pocket carry. The only reason I have it listed for sale is that I have two Glock 17s (one with Advantage Arms 22lr conversion) so want to get a smaller pistol that operates exactly like my Glocks (will get a GLock 19 or 26). (If someone would buy my 38spl revolver instead, I would keep the 709, buy the Glock, and be very happy :) )

All of the magazine ads for the Taurus PT-709 Slim call it a DA/SA pistol, and reviewers all extol its easy trigger. BUT in only one spot on the Taurus website they define it as SINGLE ACTION ONLY! When racked the striker is fully cocked! No wonder the trigger is sweet! Myself, I don't trust a cocked and locked pistol with no grip safety for pocket carry.............................elsullo :(

Even though it has a fire pin block safety I don't like to carry "cocked and locked" either. If a guy were so inclined even though it's not how the weapon was designed this pistol could be carried with one in the chamber and uncocked. You would have to manually put the bullet into the chamber and assemble the gun around it. The trigger is DA so you could fire it this way.....Not saying I recommend using a pistol as other than how it was designed to be used but........

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top