JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't find .380 ammo anywhere. Can anyone tell me why? Is there that many people carrying and LCP in there pocket?

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Sometimes the paranoid side of me(and the emphasis here is on paranoid)wonders whether this is some kind of conspiracy being that most .380 pistols are easily concealable-making them particularly dangerous to some among the Nanny State.

On the other hand have been informed by another forum member that .380 has been showing up frequently lately at certain BiMarts in the PDX Metro area.

BTW, Dan Dee Sales on this forum appears to still have boxes of 100 .380
left(I’ve got dibs on one)……

My theory, the ammo manufactures have always produced X quantity of .380 and not until recently has the demand diviated. Now that demand has increased they are trying to figure where in their production schedules to produce the extra .380.

Just a shot on the dark.

SF-

You need to find someone who just sold a pistol chambered in .380 yesterday and still has four boxes of PMC Bronze FMJ and two boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok Jacketed Hollow Point...

I'm not sure of this, but my understanding is that manufacturers use the same equipment for 9mm as for .380 and 9mm Nato is in wide use right now. ??

We did read where the US Mil. just bought 200k 9mm pistols for the Afghan army (the Afghans themselves) and I suppose they need ammo for that. The manufacturers are still running 24/7 making ammo. They aren't investing in increased capacity because they don't believe this bubble will last forever.

I dunno. Just babblin' :)

Gun Zone in Clackamas has both FMJ and HP .380. At least they did yesterday. Prices are not great imo, but I don't shoot it. It's crazy to pay .45acp prices for .380, but you gotta do what you gotta do to go shooting.....

Has anyone been able to locate any .380 in the Portland area in the last few days? I have called a ton of shops and came up dry.. I know Jack @ Dan-Dee has some, but he would be a 4 hour round trip for me...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top