JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, if 9mm was 25cpr but easily available online and locally I would be OK with that. I mean 18cpr for brass was great and all, but the uncertainty of if I can even find any is what drives me crazy.

Regarding what some of you wrote here:

I am hoping that we get a REAL fiscal conservative with a libertarian slant instead of more crazy land and/or senile land.

I am hoping for SANITY in all levels of government but that does not mean that my prayers will be answered when it comes to con job artists in both or more parties.

Ugh.

EVERY single thing is going UP in price. That is nothing new. Only in some very specific things - they have sky rocketed.

The boomers that I know who have not already downsized, moved to another state or to another location in the same state, etc. are making their move NOW or within this year.

And MOST of them do not want to move their STUFF or most of their STUFF even if they have qualified, paid and extremely careful movers who actually do a GOOD job.

The NEWBIES that I knew in the past and current NEWBIES are not selling their guns and factory ammunition. They are still actively LOOKING for practice and self defense ammunition. Supply chain - in store shopping.

The older, no longer BRAND NEW NEWBIES may have changed their firearms around over the years but they still REPLACED what they sold or they just lowered their amount of firearms as they aged. They may have downsized to a degree but not down to ZERO.

The older men that we know well, out here and back east, are downsizing SOME of their classic firearms but not all of their firearms. Many of them are older than us too. Some of them downsized at a younger age - right before retirement or during their early years of retirement.

Some of them have NO children and some of them have a few children who may or may NOT give a hoot about guns in their middle age even if they were brought up using guns at an early age too! Gifting and selling? Some of them are doing both.

Estate sales, garage sales, moving sales and downsizing sales will be HOT this year in my opinion. In some states - they were HOT even last year as long as those people did not live in some very specific states where some R or D governor went bat dung crazy on what he or she DICTATED to his peons in tax/spend Slavelandia when it came to the 'virus'.

I do NOT see HUGE price drops in most items due to inflation, mineral shortages from a to z stateside or on the international levels, all OTHER types of shortages, shipping, the SUPPLY CHAIN because if there is hardly anything 'product wise' to SHIP - the stores will still NOT see the products FLOW IN easily, the economy, the INSANE tax/spend policies, the DEVALUATION of the U.S. Dollar, and tons more including when it comes to NO real TAX reform NO MATTER how many useful idiots aka talking heads talk about it and wiggle around some figures.

The people who always planned ahead as we did or as most GUN people did will continue to shoot what they have and reload if they choose to reload. Plus they will be able to pass along products that they no longer use or have a firearm caliber in.

Will some prices come down? Yes, some will come down but I do not see HUGE price drops in factory ammunition or in reloading stocks or in other items across the board.

But we never bought from Gun Online Places like Gun Broker or from super high priced places ONLINE or from stores that PRICED things that way. And if we saw something in a store that we thought was CRAZY HIGH - we did not buy jack squat. But that was RARE due to our choice of STORES and our FFL men. We bought from our LOCAL stores, small and large, and from our FFL trusted men. They treated us well and vice versa. (Back east for me and out here for both of us.)

Old Lady Cate

One of the more interesting threads of late.

I'm also starting to see more ammo on the shelves. It's not a lot, but better than it was. Prices are still way too high. Many people I talk to are no longer buying because they are not shooting like they used to.

If prices stay high and demand drops this will turn into stagflation, a Jimmy Carter era term.

One of the more interesting threads of late.

I'm also starting to see more ammo on the shelves. It's not a lot, but better than it was. Prices are still way too high. Many people I talk to are no longer buying because they are not shooting like they used to.

If prices stay high and demand drops this will turn into stagflation, a Jimmy Carter era term.
Dutch Tulips

AVAILABILITY: IN STOCK
$349.99

One thing to note is that there may be a continued increase in demand for ammo and components as the folks who weathered the last year or so by not hitting up the range as often, start going more frequently as Covid restrictions taper off.

The massive increase in new gun owners will provide some level of continued demand as well, as some will seek to train and practice more.
That said some of the new owners will likely not impact the ammo market as their firearm will serve its purpose regulated to the back of the closet as a "just-in-case" totem with the box or two of ammo they bought with the firearm originally.

One thing to note is that there may be a continued increase in demand for ammo and components as the folks who weathered the last year or so by not hitting up the range as often, start going more frequently as Covid restrictions taper off.
Since my range is in my back yard, it has been the weather that kept me from shooting up any of my 75K+ rounds of ammo.

It rained hard up here yesterday, so I bought ammo instead of shooting. Down in the valley it wasn't raining except for a few drops here and there.

Looks like it's crashing hard... give it three months at this rate and we'll be back to "normal"
I think more like 4-5 months at the current rate - unless there is another reason for a panic, like more gun control laws. It might go faster as more people go back to work.

Still yearning for the days when I paid 36¢ per round for PD tradein Federal HST 180 gr .40 S&W (summer of 2019).

I think more like 4-5 months at the current rate - unless there is another reason for a panic, like more gun control laws. It might go faster as more people go back to work.

Still yearning for the days when I paid 36¢ per round for PD tradein Federal HST 180 gr .40 S&W (summer of 2019).
I'll always look at those times as bitter sweet... you're probably right, but I want to stay optimistic.

Just a tip, if you are selling or buying ammo, you probably should check the best prices online which are shipped to your door. I see some people here asking 2X$ what I can buy it for online without having to go anywhere (i.e., shipped to my door).

Just a tip, if you are selling or buying ammo, you probably should check the best prices online which are shipped to your door. I see some people here asking 2X$ what I can buy it for online without having to go anywhere (i.e., shipped to my door).
As with the panic shortages this also is a repeating theme. Every time there is a panic they slowly go away. One thing I have been seeing as long as there has been the net is long after the panic has faded you see people trying to sell stuff at panic price. I always figure hell why not. Some my really have just waited too long to try to unload something. Some may be just hoping someone will pay the inflated price without bothering to look :s0092:
Either way works for me. I did not long ago buy another case of 9 for .40 a round. Hated doing it but was down to just over 1 case and even at .40 I was not willing to dust off the rolling gear. Just moved and still busy as hell with the extra hours at work since no one wants to work and the new place.

hfmodq266qp71.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads