JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When my wife decided to buy a Glock (She hated her S&W SD9 VE) she tried both 17 and 19 models in Gen 3 and Gen 4. I was certain she would get a 19 as she is altitude impaired 5'2", but no she selected the G-17 Gen 4

This is why I have LONG told people. Someone wants to learn to shoot? Let them try many and they will decide what works for them. When they find what they like, great. So damn many will buy someone (especially a woman) a gun they think is right. Then try to force them to use that instead of letting them find what works for them.

This is why I have LONG told people. Someone wants to learn to shoot? Let them try many and they will decide what works for them. When they find what they like, great. So damn many will buy someone (especially a woman) a gun they think is right. Then try to force them to use that instead of letting them find what works for them.
She had bought the SD9 on her own too, loved the ergonomics, mag release, racking and she 'thought' the trigger was okay. The trigger was not okay, after five times to the range she was so disappointed she wanted to trade....and did.

She had bought the SD9 on her own too, loved the ergonomics, mag release, racking and she 'thought' the trigger was okay. The trigger was not okay, after five times to the range she was so disappointed she wanted to trade....and did.
LOL, I went through this with the Wife. She had never shot when we met. I got her to learn and carry. Started out with a 5 shooter in .38. Over the years she has been through MANY guns. Some she "thought" she would like and later of course did not. I never kicked about it. I always encouraged her to just try something new whenever she wanted. Some were sold off, some we kept. Always told her changing her mind for something else was fine.

Last Edited:
LOL, I went through this with the Wife. She had never shot when we met. I got her to learn and carry. Started out with a 5 shooter in .38. Over the years she has been through MANY guns. Some she "thought" she would like and later of course did not. I never kicked about it. I always encouraged her to just try something new whenever she wanted. Some were sold off, some we kept. Always told her changing her mind for something else was fine.

Now here is a smart man!
He knows that if momma aint happy aint nobody happy!!!!
Also if he's really smart he'll figure a way to get her to try out some guns he's looking at and then when she rejects them he has the opportunity to keep them.
Everybody is happy. :s0115: :s0132::s0080:
Gabby

I did that. I bought my wife a Glock 19 thinking she would love it...... but she didn't so I kept it for myself. It was a spur-of-the-moment purchase none the less. Now she did I like the M&P full size, this one she handled in the store and fired with snap caps in the chamber. Then the Shield came out, and she got one of those too.
I have a happily armed wife:)

We joke with each other about S&W versus Glock now and then, but the main thing is I want her to be happy, comfortable, and confident with what she has. If she isn't I fear it would become to cumbersome to carry and she would not have when she needed it......a very scary combination.

I did that. I bought my wife a Glock 19 thinking she would love it...... but she didn't so I kept it for myself. It was a spur-of-the-moment purchase none the less. Now she did I like the M&P full size, this one she handled in the store and fired with snap caps in the chamber. Then the Shield came out, and she got one of those too.
I have a happily armed wife:)
Sounds like a guy thing. My wife didn't like the Glock I bought, but decided later to get a G42 for carry. Later she wanted a full size and went with a P229 Elite. Lately she's been looking rather lustfully at my CZ Shadow2...I'm trying to find a "sensitive" way without a "tone" to inform her it's time to back off!! :D

You know the funny thing about the M&P was the color that caught her eye. It was a special edition Julie Golobski with the pink palm swell inserts. We were in the store just to pickup a couple Magpul mags for an AR of mine and, look... a pink gun honey!
So with it being pink she just magically had have it. Who am I to say no:rolleyes:

Sounds like a guy thing. My wife didn't like the Glock I bought, but decided later to get a G42 for carry. Later she wanted a full size and went with a P229 Elite. Lately she's been looking rather lustfully at my CZ Shadow2...I'm trying to find a "sensitive" way without a "tone" to inform her it's time to back off!! :D
But how can you say "No"????

Let her have another toy, perhaps she'll let you have a turn as well :rolleyes:

You know the funny thing about the M&P was the color that caught her eye. It was a special edition Julie Golobski with the pink palm swell inserts. We were in the store just to pickup a couple Magpul mags for an AR of mine and, look... a pink gun honey!
So with it being pink she just magically had have it. Who am I to say no:rolleyes:
Whatever keeps them interested is good!

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

She could be buying shoes.

Hey Andy, I helped my niece into some Glocks. Her biggest problem was how to carry. She seldom wears a belt so a secure holster has been an issue for her. The CrossBreed belly band didn't work for her.

Thanks Cameron ....Good to know.
She still isn't sure if she wants to carry or not.
Also not sure on just what gun.
We are still in the "Wow , that looks good , Lets rent / try that one" stage....
Andy

Has she tried a Sig ? :)

j-EII_bB.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads