JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
P1040113.JPG P1040114.JPG P1040115.JPG P1040116.JPG P1040117.JPG

Sorry about the bad pics. Need to do some research and find a value. The rifle , from what I know of the M1 looks almost too clean to be original. Serial # dates it to Nov-Dec 1943. I'd say the stock is in really good shape with just a couple of dings and the bore looks fantastic. The only rust is at the front sight. So you Garand guys what say you? Tell me what else to look at maybe. There's also 6 or so other filled clips in the canvas "belt/bandoleer?"

Last Edited:
The barrel in the white at the chamber makes me think it's original.

What is the date/month on the barrel? It should be under the op rod. And you should be able to see it with the op rod locked back as in your picture.

You need to stop the active rust on the gun before it dose more damage.
Everybody has there own method to do this it seams. So Research and take your choice?
Just try and prevent removing any finish.

Very nice M1.;)

Thanks Medic. Should'a figured that the .30 Carbine King would be right here seeing as it's the Garand's little brother? Serial dates to 11/43 and the the numbers on the barrel, right side in front of the receiver say 11-43....

I contacted a guy I sold to at the OAC show, he put me in touch with a bud of his in Woodburn who will be at the ANG base on Sunday for the small show. This is really exciting! A loose idea of value doesn't come as high as I'd thought, I don't know nuthin' though.

Last Edited:
If original. And I cant tell without handling it and looking it over] That is a very desirable gun.
And after some clean up for presentation it could be worth $3000 or more.

WWII guns prices are going nuts!

The last couple M1A1 carbines sold at CMP auction. Both brought in over $4000! I paid $2500 for mine six or so years ago.

You need to go to the CMP auction site and look at the prices being realized on M1's. ;)

Very nice, Mike. It looks to be in real good condition. Wished I could have gotten hands on my uncles, though I was 4th in line. I was not complaining. Wait. Yes I was!! :D

I second what Medic said. The barrel also has a manufacture. Hopefully
the barrel date and manufacture is correct for the serial number. Another
gauge of shootability and value is barrel throat and muzzle wear measurements.
It looks like a real nice rifle. It looks like a CMP/DCM rifle. Have some fun
and take her out and shoot it. Grease her up she looks dry.:):):):):)
March 4 Garand shoot at Douglas Ridge.
http://www.douglasridge.org/cmp.html

I sold a 1944 Springfield Garand this last summer to a member here and it was also an all original one from an Alaskan US Army base.
Overall, it was nice to look at and had no major issues except the barrel was not in the best of shape with corrosive pitting.
It was used as the bases perimeter guards gun and was heavily handled and carried.
It sold for $1,000.00.

Last Edited:
I sold a 1944 Remington Garand this last summer to a member here and it was also an all original one from an Alaskan US Army base.
Overall, it was nice to look at and had no major issues except the barrel was not in the best of shape with corrosive pitting.
It was used as the bases perimeter guards gun and was heavily handled and carried.
It sold for $1,000.00.

Ouch!

Of course condition and originality are everything.

But I have a correct grade 5.7 million 1955 Springfield.
I paid $950 for it maybe 10 years ago. And was offered $1800 four years ago. :D
[Granted they did pick me a nice new one.]
And with this crazy price jump were seeing. Who knows what It would bring today?

This last week I've been researching my WWII gun values. And It's a real eye opener.
Biggest jump I've ever seen in these guns.

All we need is another ''Saving Private Ryan'' type movie. And all bets are off! ;)

Likes for all.....I need to get off this thing and eat something!

See youz all in the morning!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads