JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in a local shop and picked up a unfired polytech AKS. I is in great shape I have wanted one for a long time. My wife is suggesting that a keep it unfired as a collectors piece. What do you guys think shoot it or keep it the way it is.

Well, you spent money on it. Why spend money on something you will not use? Take it out and SHOOT it. ENJOY IT!!

You certainly will not harm it by shooting it, and after you clean it up it will be good as new again.

ENJOY IT!

Well my first reaction says shoot it!
But then again if you really think about it......shoot it......shoot it alot.......really fast.......enjoy the recoil....and the falling casings...the burning powder in the hot summer sun.....just look at it sitting in that chair!! Begging for a fresh mag....

I was in a local shop and picked up a unfired polytech AKS. I is in great shape I have wanted one for a long time. My wife is suggesting that a keep it unfired as a collectors piece. What do you guys think shoot it or keep it the way it is.

There are most likely more unfired out there. Shoot this one and enjoy the fact you finally can. After you deflower it then start saving for the next one you see unfired, if you have any funds to save after paying for all the ammo you will be going through.:D

Don't shoot it! Mail it to me to keep it safe;) This way you won't be tempted by all those who are telling to shoot it...

Trust me I'm a Doctor:s0112:

I bought a .357 Maximum Ruger SRM years ago. "Unfired". Until the next weekend rolled around. I shot the bejeezus out of it until I got bored with it and sold it. I made money.
I have a pre model number Combat Masterpiece S&W (yeah, the one with all of the "screws'). It, too, was "unfired" when I bought it... until the next weekend. It's worth far more than I paid for it even after a few hundred rounds. It ain't for sale.
I paid some pretty big bread recently for a 1962 Colt National Match that appeared to have had very few rounds thru it. I probably doubled the amount of rounds thru it within the first couple of weekends. It's worth more than I paid for it. Oh, it ain't for sale either.
Point is, if it's really that nice and you aren't the one that paid extra money because it's "unfired" (like any gun leaves the place of manufacture without being proof tested, which means it HAS been fired, and that's the reason for my quotation marks on the word unfired) you can shoot it, take good care of it and you'll still make money when the time comes that you want to part with it.
If you just want to play with it (mental masturbation) why didn't you save a bunch of money and buy a toy or a video game?
A gun's a tool. Tools are worthless if you don't use them.

I'd buy a case of ammo and have a ball with it. But, that's just me.
Oh, and quit worrying about what other's think....

I bought a .357 Maximum Ruger SRM years ago. "Unfired". Until the next weekend rolled around. I shot the bejeezus out of it until I got bored with it and sold it. I made money.
I have a pre model number Combat Masterpiece S&W (yeah, the one with all of the "screws'). It, too, was "unfired" when I bought it... until the next weekend. It's worth far more than I paid for it even after a few hundred rounds. It ain't for sale.
I paid some pretty big bread recently for a 1962 Colt National Match that appeared to have had very few rounds thru it. I probably doubled the amount of rounds thru it within the first couple of weekends. It's worth more than I paid for it. Oh, it ain't for sale either.
Point is, if it's really that nice and you aren't the one that paid extra money because it's "unfired" (like any gun leaves the place of manufacture without being proof tested, which means it HAS been fired, and that's the reason for my quotation marks on the word unfired) you can shoot it, take good care of it and you'll still make money when the time comes that you want to part with it.
If you just want to play with it (mental masturbation) why didn't you save a bunch of money and buy a toy or a video game?
A gun's a tool. Tools are worthless if you don't use them.

I'd buy a case of ammo and have a ball with it. But, that's just me.
Oh, and quit worrying about what other's think....

Come on orygun. If you have an opinion just state it. Stop beating around the bush:D

Unfired, new in the box, you could probably get at least $1200.00 for it on the internet, or maybe even here, and you can mail it yourself to the buyer after cashing their money order. The pre-ban Poly-tecs are made so well and so beautifully finished that there is little comparison to more recent import/frankenstein AK guns. OR, you could keep it as an investment until the feces impacts the rotary air impeller, and shoot it THEN. I am DYING to hear what you paid for it?

On the other hand, I will eternally regret having to sell my own pre-ban Poly-tec! The trigger was so crisp, smooth, and delicious............ I meant it to be my lifetime partner. I shot it a bunch, and meant to keep shooting it a lot. Yes, at least I made a huge profit on it, but still, I want it back!

I too recently acquired a pre-ban masterpiece, new in box---it's a Chinese SKS "D" model that takes AK magazines, 20" model, fairly rare. It has beautiful, perfect wood and blueing, and is almost too pretty to shoot. Fortunately, the hammer shows marks from dry-firing, so I have given myself permission to SHOOT THE HECK OUT OF IT! This one I will REALLY never sell!....................elsullo :D

Well if Jack says shoot ot then I better do what he says or he might not sell me any more ammo. Also for those interested I basicly got it for $600 but it was all store credit and trading stock so no cash out of my pocket.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top