JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have to laugh through all these. I'll tell you what you better worry about is the old farts out there. Most have been in combat and are at a point in life if they see a threat in a shtf situation they will just kill you quick and not let it get to hand to hand, so don't look like a threat. LOL
Think about that one a bit.
I doubt many of the vermin out there will even consider it. That is a good thing :D
Also I wonder how many actually think about how bad that situation will be.
Better pray it doesn't go there and people wake up before it does, because a whole new
definition of hell will emerge if they don't.

It is also very cold there in the winter (for me anyway) and south of the mountains it seemed very windy much of the time.

Both accurate. You get used to the wind in the same way you get used to the rain here. It just becomes part of life.

As for the cold, Yes its much colder there but it really does not feel like it. Its so dry that at 10 degs it feels much like it does here are 40.

Have to laugh through all these. I'll tell you what you better worry about is the old farts out there. Most have been in combat and are at a point in life if they see a threat in a shtf situation they will just kill you quick and not let it get to hand to hand, so don't look like a threat. LOL
Think about that one a bit.
I doubt many of the vermin out there will even consider it. That is a good thing :D
Also I wonder how many actually think about how bad that situation will be.
Better pray it doesn't go there and people wake up before it does, because a whole new
definition of hell will emerge if they don't.

Interesting outlook on the future. So if this is what you see coming then how long will it last? Would you want to look like a sheep?o_O

Both accurate. You get used to the wind in the same way you get used to the rain here. It just becomes part of life.

As for the cold, Yes its much colder there but it really does not feel like it. Its so dry that at 10 degs it feels much like it does here are 40.
I have never gotten used to the rain in the PNW and I have been here for 60 years.

The older I get, the less I like it.

Criminals, as a general rule, are stupid.

:D Yep and if they get educated they work for the government.

Wonder why Monica doesn't weigh in with her view of what we should look like, sheep or wolves. Since most women are seen as sheep, in my opinion, I think her input would be interesting.

When I retire, I will be spending most of the winter someplace drier, like Tahiti or New Zealand, and then come back in the spring when it dries out and greens up. I've spent almost every winter of my life in the PNW, and those that I didn't, it was someplace like Alaska or Vermont or Minnesota.

Oregon and WA state have mild winters on the wetside, it is 55 outside today for me here on the mountain, but it is very wet.

Remember this (skip to 1:50)?

When I retire, I will be spending most of the winter someplace drier, like Tahiti or New Zealand, and then come back in the spring when it dries out and greens up. I've spent almost every winter of my life in the PNW, and those that I didn't, it was someplace like Alaska or Vermont or Minnesota.

]

Spent a winter in Iraq, loved oregon after that.:D

The one winter I spent in eastern WA was the winter it was -22 for weeks and the Columbia froze over (I think it was '78 to '79 IIRC).

I didn't care for all the sagebrush and lack of trees and rattle snakes.

I have yet to go overseas - closest I have been is the US Virgin Islands.

If I could choose a place to be young I would choose Halfway Oregon for the things outdoors I like to do. No need to dress like sheep cause there is very little crime in gun country. It's no place for old men as there is little medical care over there but I would have given a lot to grow up there.

Notice how you have to look depends on the neighborhood you are in, know how to change that?:D

When I moved to Portland. After three years in Germany. I remember thinking. ''Wow. It doesn't rain here much. And its warm''. Not to mention it's not dark here at 3:30 in the winter.

Now I think it rains too much. And it's cold. Not to mention it's dark here at 4:30 in the winter.:s0169:

Must be my old bones?

If I could choose a place to be young I would choose Halfway Oregon for the things outdoors I like to do. No need to dress like sheep cause there is very little crime in gun country. It's no place for old men as there is little medical care over there but I would have given a lot to grow up there.

I spent a little time in Baker county when I was a little kid. Have a photo of my family wintering there - 3 kids, two adults, in a 15 foot travel trailer. I don't remember much about it, but I still don't care for it.

I would rather be near Bend or Sisters, but it is still too cold for me now - when I was younger I used to spend some time there though. I liked up by Pendleton/Tollgate too - but cold there also.

I have travel extensively in Oregon and spent a lot of time in the areas. Lifetime of building roads so I am familiar with most towns and what they have to offer. Bend is way to expensive to live in since California took over the town. They have all the services but the cost of living is way too steep. Imho.

It all depends on the lifestyle you want to live. Not a lot of crime there compared to Eugene or Portland.:D Might want to get a longer range handgun though.

Haven't been there in years, but yes, as a yuppie resort town it can be kind of expensive. If I were to live there, which I wouldn't now. it would be well outside of town anyway, probably closer to the mountains than the desert.

If I didn't have family where I am at, I would probably rather be down near the Grants Pass area when I retired, but I am probably just going to buy some land out near Willamina/Sheridan/etc., and build an inexpensive but self-sufficient residence there. Current plan is to have that be paid off before or soon after building so I can live inexpensively and travel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top