JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always liked this one...

08-09-07-3.jpg

Yeah because those sizing me up may have underestimated me, I look fat but I carry a full sized XDM40 with 16 round magazines X3 and 2 knives (1 folder & 1 long shank double sided fixed blade) I'm loaded for bear & my sore neck still swivels pretty good....:eek: For an older phart I can still mix it if I have to, hopefully I'll have time to recuperate afterwards....:p

:D All that gear I couldn't keep my pants up.

There's good and bad either way. If you look intimidating people may give you a wide birth and avoid you at all costs, However they may think your a threat and shoot you in the back or from a distance to take what you have before you attack them.

Same goes for dressing normal (non-intimidating) the wolves will think your easy prey being weak looking, but people may also put their gaurd down and anytime that happens having the element of surprise is a huge positive.

Personally I'll wear camo and have as many guns and ammo, and knives I can carry, but do so with a cheesy grin and sheriff andy wave.

In the picture you look like a working man by a number of things that stand out. Toes of your shoes and the type of shoe you wear. Pants are working man with the tool holder on the side plus all dark clothes that don't show dirt. Short hair to keep cleaner and bearded face to hold your lunch, working men are always hungry and will stash food everywhere.:D.

Hoody is a zip up because you do physical work and get hot, tats around neck cold be jail tats because not enough color shows. You dont look aggressive with your hands in your pockets but I would keep distance from you, you might have lost your job in today's economy and want to take up another line of work:D You realize I am joking righto_O

One more thing, black is a serious color. Don't believe me? Dress in pink and see how your buddies react
Holy Hell Jim, you ought to start your own psychic medium business. Looks like you nailed that one!!:D:D

And of course the other thing is for my age ( mid 40's) and where I live (Seattle) I don't really stand out.

Now if I moved back to my home town in Idaho of 3000 people 130 miles from the closest real town, yeah, I would have a harder time blending in.
Which town? I'm seriously thinking of moving to Idaho and want some opinions as to where I want to be

I grew up on a farm between Hagerman and Buhl. It is beautiful country, high desert with more green than many areas, There are millions of square miles of nothing to the west, The Sawtooths to the north and the great Shoshone basin to the south. I have 40 acres there and am doing everything I can to save the dough to build a house to have a place to grow old. Idaho is a fantastic place, They are ultra pro gun, ultra conservative and very few people to give you grief. If my situation was different I would be there now.

Well.... I am six foot, 225 lbs. My arms and neck are covered tattoo's. I have a shaved head and goatee. If times warrant it I will be carting around at least two firearms, one will be a evil black rifle. I also make my living as a blacksmith. I look like I work with my hands and typically am dirty, gruff and could often probably be mistaken for homeless (at the end of the day I am pretty filthy)

I doubt I will be mistaken for a fluffy farm yard animal.

I live in the city and have to often be in areas that are not desirable. I find the best thing to do is to appear to be sure of yourself, unafraid and ready to act. That goes for if your stopping for coffee or its the end of the world. Now not everyone has the physical appearance to intimidate but still you should do everything you can to not appear as a victim, weak or a target. Most all violence is directed at a target that the perpetrator has determined is weak. When you show strength, even if your not strong, its likely they will move along to something easier. There is no shortage of marks.

So yeah, I dont want to be a wolf. I want to be the guy the wolves steer clear of.

Here is my "Dont F with me" face I will share if you if you insist on calling me out or being a problem. :)

View attachment 117153

BTW, I am actually a very soft and friendly guy. I deplore violence and will do my best to avoid any conflict possible. My personality is not that of a thug or MMA fighter, But more of a geeky bookworm. Looks can be deceiving.

Often the "wolves" are not wolves at all. They are pretending to be wolves. They are not the biggest threat out there.

Walk softly, cause no trouble. Be aware and look like it's going to be more trouble than it's worth.
Ironmonster: Make no mistake, that us old timers on this site are sizing you up.:D:D:DThe only problem I see with you, is you might wanna tuck in that tactical goatee. We could lead you around like a cat on a leash. MEOWWWWW!:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Have you ever heard the expression; "A wolf is sheep's clothing?" There is much to be said for that approach to life in general. As they taught us in the Corps; "Be polite to everyone you meet, but have a plan to kill them."

Now that is a Billy Badass,

And my goat is currently only a few inches long. I cut it off once a year. It gets looking scraggly and I shave it all off and start over.

Well I cut mine off about every 2-3 years and if someone is making stupid and gets close enough to grab my whiskers,I probably have my hand on either my gun or knife.
While it could be a good move on the right person,grabbing someone's beard could bring you a stub.
And yeah I carry a huge ole blade like Ely in the movie,lol

Don is about ten years older than me. About 5 foot six and 150 lbs. Has a really bad limp from polio as a kid but strong from dealing with adversity. We were working way out of town and Don was the last crew guy on the job. Sitting on the tailgate as he always does to get his boots off a car stopped just a little ways off and two guys came toward him.

Don had a 32 auto with him in the back of the truck and put it in his hand as they walked toward him. One said something to the other in Spanish and then they left quickly. The boss was just pulling up to make sure everyone was ok and saw Don dealing with the intruders.

I guess they really didn't want to mess with that crippled up old man after all.:D

Now that is a Billy Badass,

And my goat is currently only a few inches long. I cut it off once a year. It gets looking scraggly and I shave it all off and start over.
Brother, you look good. I remember when I was about your age. I'm guessing your in your early to mid 30's. It was a good time to be alive. I can remember guys that were in their 50's & 60's, that were as tough as nails. I wouldn't have messed with them old' boyz. Nor would I have messed with you in my 30's. One thing that I have learned in my life, is age and size doesn't matter, there are some tuff ones out there. Now I'm one of the ole' boyz.

Brother, you look good. I remember when I was about your age. I'm guessing your in your early to mid 30's. It was a good time to be alive. I can remember guys that were in their 50's & 60's, that were as tough as nails. I wouldn't have messed with them old' boyz. Nor would I have messed with you in my 30's. One thing that I have learned in my life, is age and size doesn't matter, there are some tuff ones out there. Now I'm one of the ole' boyz.

I must be good if you think I am in my early to mid thirty's. I am 44.
Hell my youngest boy is 20

Blend in an disappear, or hide in plain sight. That doesn't mean act like a victim.
You can stand out in a crowd in many different ways, how you dress, how you act, are the big ones.
If someone is laughing or/an talking about the way you are dressed or act, you are standing out in a crowd.
This way when it becomes time to get gone you can slink out and no one will notice you leaving, which means no one is going to follow you.

I grew up on a farm between Hagerman and Buhl. It is beautiful country, high desert with more green than many areas, There are millions of square miles of nothing to the west, The Sawtooths to the north and the great Shoshone basin to the south. I have 40 acres there and am doing everything I can to save the dough to build a house to have a place to grow old. Idaho is a fantastic place, They are ultra pro gun, ultra conservative and very few people to give you grief. If my situation was different I would be there now.
It is also very cold there in the winter (for me anyway) and south of the mountains it seemed very windy much of the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top