JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Flasher flees after Longview woman pulls out gun | The Today File | Seattle Times

The Associated Press

LONGVIEW — A man who was exposing himself took off running after a Longview woman pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.

The Daily News reports that around 8 p.m. on Wednesday the woman was at Lake Sacajawea when a man approached her aggressively while masturbating and suggested she should watch him.

Instead the woman pulled out her gun.

Longview police detective Kyle Sahim says officers haven’t found the man Thursday evening but are investigating several suspects.

The victim called police later in the evening, saying she was looking at an online database of local sex offenders and believed she recognized the man she saw at the lake.

Mikeb302000 (well known troll and hydraulic feminine hygiene device) was outraged that the lady didn't turn her back and walk away. I'm sure that had she done so and the perp had attacked her and/or her child he would have approved of her restraint. I agree that if you're gonna pack, it should be in cond 1. I bet the flasher needed to change underwear, or if not wearing any needed to hose off his legs.

When it's concealed, then no. That's why you get a chl. As far as open carry in Washington, the law on that itself is a joke.

I think you are mistaken. I have talked to multiple game wardens and sheriffs about rcw 9.41.060 even while I have been pulled over for something like a burnt out tail light bulb with a loaded handgun concealed on me and all of them but one said it was perfectly legal and after I chatted w/him a little bit he agreed. I always have a fishing pole and tackle in my rig I see no need for a cpl.

I think you are mistaken. I have talked to multiple game wardens and sheriffs about rcw 9.41.060 even while I have been pulled over for something like a burnt out tail light bulb with a loaded handgun concealed on me and all of them but one said it was perfectly legal and after I chatted w/him a little bit he agreed. I always have a fishing pole and tackle in my rig I see no need for a cpl.

And all it takes is one cop with a power trip to ruin your day. You wanna go without a cpl then that's your choice. But don't get on a gun forum and say that there is no need for a cpl. After all, cpl holders prefer to have their guns loaded and ready. And not everybody owns or is gonna buy and haul around a fishing pole (try explaining that in a big city) just to skirt around the law.

And all it takes is one cop with a power trip to ruin your day. You wanna go without a cpl then that's your choice. But don't get on a gun forum and say that there is no need for a cpl. After all, cpl holders prefer to have their guns loaded and ready. And not everybody owns or is gonna buy and haul around a fishing pole (try explaining that in a big city) just to skirt around the law.

Isn't showing off his fishing pole what got that guy in trouble with this lady? Right by the lake as well.

Do you speak for all cpl holders? I know more cpl holders that don't carry and leave it in their vehicle unloaded or at home vs carried and loaded. Did you read the rcw? Why would you buy a fishing pole? It applies to any legal outdoor activity. I only used a fishing pole for an example because I fish almost every day.

Do you speak for all cpl holders? I know more cpl holders that don't carry and leave it in their vehicle unloaded or at home vs carried and loaded. Did you read the rcw? Why would you buy a fishing pole? It applies to any legal outdoor activity. I only used a fishing pole for an example because I fish almost every day.

Yes I did read the RCW. Google it and you will see it comes up quite easily. And I can ask you the same thing . Do you Speak for ALL the non cpl holders? There is a reason why cpl licenses have drastically rose in the last year.

Like I stated, if you wanna go without a cpl then that's your choice. Doesn't mean that every cop you come in contact with won't hassle you for it. Me (and alot of other cpl holders) prefer not to be hassled and to go on with our day. I don't have the time nor energy to argue with a cop.

Oh, and if you read the RCW then you will see that it states the gun must be unloaded and the mag out. Something I'm not willing to do.

Yes I did read the RCW. Google it and you will see it comes up quite easily. And I can ask you the same thing . Do you Speak for ALL the non cpl holders? There is a reason why cpl licenses have drastically rose in the last year.

Like I stated, if you wanna go without a cpl then that's your choice. Doesn't mean that every cop you come in contact with won't hassle you for it. Me (and alot of other cpl holders) prefer not to be hassled and to go on with our day. I don't have the time nor energy to argue with a cop.

Oh, and if you read the RCW then you will see that it states the gun must be unloaded and the mag out. Something I'm not willing to do.
I was'nt the one that generalized a group of people (cpl holders) and said they like to be loaded and ready. My scientific wild *** guess for rises in cpl applications is people who "don't know the law" would rather be safe then sorry and the whole sky is falling act put on by the media. I have never felt the need or had to argue with a Leo but on one occasion in which the officer claimed that a 9mm was'nt lethal and a 7.62x39 generated more recoil than a 7mm rem mag. Section 9 does not apply to section 8.

I was'nt the one that generalized a group of people (cpl holders) and said they like to be loaded and ready. My scientific wild *** guess for rises in cpl applications is people who "don't know the law" would rather be safe then sorry and the whole sky is falling act put on by the media. I have never felt the need or had to argue with a Leo but on one occasion in which the officer claimed that a 9mm was'nt lethal and a 7.62x39 generated more recoil than a 7mm rem mag. Section 9 does not apply to section

In a smaller town where you and I live I can see you being able to use the RCW you stated and get away with it. But in a big city it's different. Walking in downtown Seattle (or any big city for that matter) the RCW does not apply. I would love to see a cops reaction if you recited that RCW while walking in a big city. Forest rangers and sheriffs have a totally different mentality than cops do. That's why cops are disliked by the majority of the public. Getting stuck with a cop on a power trip is bad enough but then trying to tell him how to do his job? It gets even worse.

Having lived in Portland for close to 20 years I can tell you that the majority of cops are power hungry dicks. Once you mention you have a gun AND a chl you were (maybe still are) treated like a criminal. But I would rather have my chl in a situation like that then not.

Are you still talking about the OP? Because if YOU read the RCW then that only applies to inside a vehicle. And only if you are not traveling to or from "lawful outdoor activities".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top