JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm from the area; I grew up in Beaver-Tron with a father who was into Civil War-era black powder firearms. He used to march with the Oregon Blues, and I remember going to meets and shooting muzzleloaders with all sorts of colorful characters.
I've taken over that mantle, but I prefer 18th-century flintlocks over my dad's Zouave (still love that lady, first one I shot). I also enjoy collecting modern firearms, especially those that are historically significant. As a result, my collection looks like the evolution of Western hegemony.
I build firearms and make knives in my spare time, when I'm not teaching or researching.
I'm obsessed with the history of insurgency and rebellion, especially in the early modern / modern era, which means I spend almost as much on books as I do on firearms.
I think I scare my neighbors, except for the coffee shop owner on the corner and the ex-Marine who lives up the street. Oh, well.

welcome to NWF ! well it sounds like you have a bit of "bob newhart" in ya.....we'll all enjoy that ! black powder & muzz. ldr's.....there's a thread for em, with plenty of info ! enjoy yourself !!

steven

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads