Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

longtime listener, first-time caller

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by herrbecker, Jan 13, 2012.

1. herrbecker

herrbecker Portland Member

I'm from the area; I grew up in Beaver-Tron with a father who was into Civil War-era black powder firearms. He used to march with the Oregon Blues, and I remember going to meets and shooting muzzleloaders with all sorts of colorful characters.
    I've taken over that mantle, but I prefer 18th-century flintlocks over my dad's Zouave (still love that lady, first one I shot). I also enjoy collecting modern firearms, especially those that are historically significant. As a result, my collection looks like the evolution of Western hegemony.
    I build firearms and make knives in my spare time, when I'm not teaching or researching.
    I'm obsessed with the history of insurgency and rebellion, especially in the early modern / modern era, which means I spend almost as much on books as I do on firearms.
    I think I scare my neighbors, except for the coffee shop owner on the corner and the ex-Marine who lives up the street. Oh, well.

2. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

Welcome to the forum

3. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

it is good to keep the neighbors a little on edge, they are more likely to leave you alone that way.

4. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

Thank you listener, for calling in - you're on the air............... (also, can't go wrong with black powder......)

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! well it sounds like you have a bit of "bob newhart" in ya.....we'll all enjoy that ! black powder & muzz. ldr's.....there's a thread for em, with plenty of info ! enjoy yourself !!

steven