JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its for a 6mm ARC. I emailed them about it and here is the response:

"Rodney,
This is not an error. That is our current lead time on just about all products right now. Between Covid, protests, a surge in firearm sales and it being an election year, we are extremely swamped and backlogged. We are also a build to order company, meaning we don't keep stock or inventory readily available to ship out to customers. As soon as you place your order, we start working on it from scratch depending on part availability. And right now, part availability is hard to come by. We are working as hard and as fast as possible to fulfill orders.
If you happen to find what you are looking for in stock somewhere else between now and then, you are more than welcome to reach out to us and have your order cancelled. Otherwise, we appreciate your patience during these crazy times.

Thanks,

Delaney Russell – Retail Sales
CMMG, Inc."

Had the same thing with TNTE Sales, ordered a bunch of retro parts back in early March, finally delivering them this week! NO communication, no answers to emails or phone calls, took a call from my bank threatening to reverse the charges to get them off their arses! I got a canned response "Sorry, Corona has forced us to yadda yadda yadda, and were delaying orders and stuff!

I think the whole gun world is pretty much taking a hit.

Many know not to add to their production and staff from prior election/panic/crazy times where it will rank up then completely fall flat on its butt.

CMMG isn't the least expensive option out there, I imagine even with that said they are swamped with orders. I also imagine they likely do batch runs. So the new ARC cartridge barrels will likely all be made in a batch run.

Its for a 6mm ARC. I emailed them about it and here is the response:

"Rodney,
This is not an error. That is our current lead time on just about all products right now. Between Covid, protests, a surge in firearm sales and it being an election year, we are extremely swamped and backlogged. We are also a build to order company, meaning we don't keep stock or inventory readily available to ship out to customers. As soon as you place your order, we start working on it from scratch depending on part availability. And right now, part availability is hard to come by. We are working as hard and as fast as possible to fulfill orders.
If you happen to find what you are looking for in stock somewhere else between now and then, you are more than welcome to reach out to us and have your order cancelled. Otherwise, we appreciate your patience during these crazy times.

Thanks,

Delaney Russell – Retail Sales
CMMG, Inc."
It is for the newest hottest cartridge du jour, Even without covid there are bound to delays with a barrel for that cartridge. If I was to build one, I would try getting in on the pre order for a faxon from Brownells.

Yeah, I emailed them to find out their ETA. Problem with Faxon is they are 1:8, not 1:7.5 twist. All the charts and standards are built on a 1:7.5, not a 1:8. 1:8 is not to spec. But I would think with heavier bullets a 1:8 or even 1:9 would be better; which is the point. But Hornady says the 1:7.5 is actually the sweet spot for accuracy from 85gr. to 130gr. So it may be wroth the wait to get the right twist rate.

I think the whole gun world is pretty much taking a hit.

Many know not to add to their production and staff from prior election/panic/crazy times where it will rank up then completely fall flat on its butt.

CMMG isn't the least expensive option out there, I imagine even with that said they are swamped with orders. I also imagine they likely do batch runs. So the new ARC cartridge barrels will likely all be made in a batch run.

True, but I think they are touting their complete uppers... you can get one of their complete uppers right now if you want to fork over the astronomical price tag on them... I think the cheapest one is $600... for an upper. So us build it ourselves folks can suck lemons while they sell full uppers to their "real customers". The price differnece between the Faxon and the CMMG is $20, and the CMMG is to correct specs; 1:7.5 twist, while Faxon and the others are 1:8 twist, which isn't to spec. So it's worth the $20 (with free shipping, so actually only $10 difference) to get it to spec.

This time around, though, it's looking like President Harris will keep gun sales high until she starts confiscating them to help fight off the next virus. Its sad what has happened after all the good that Trump has done, save for Bump Stocks. But he's loosing big time in the poles in the 8 key states. So it's looking like Biden will be President until he resigns to let his VP Harris become the first black lady President due to medical reasons. We do need to be prepared, smartly, not panic, for her being in office the next four years.

I just hope my barrel gets here before Harris is sworn in.

I highly doubt you would see any difference in performance between 1-8 and 1-7.5" twist rates. The only reason I would give Faxon the nod is I know they know how to make barrels and I have seen mixed results with Cmmg stuff. Then again I rarely invest in a new chambering until it's merits are wrung out a bit more. Time will tell if it has staying power.

Yeah, I emailed them to find out their ETA. Problem with Faxon is they are 1:8, not 1:7.5 twist. All the charts and standards are built on a 1:7.5, not a 1:8. 1:8 is not to spec. But I would think with heavier bullets a 1:8 or even 1:9 would be better; which is the point. But Hornady says the 1:7.5 is actually the sweet spot for accuracy from 85gr. to 130gr. So it may be wroth the wait to get the right twist rate.
I think you are thinking about it backwards, generally a faster twist is better for heavier projectiles and 1-7.5" is a faster twist rate than 1-8".

Yeah that sounds about right, I wanted to order a 300 AAC Blackout, all it says is out or stock but you can back-order, I emailed the company 5 days ago, crickets, and they never answer the phone???? Covid or not, that is not how you run a biz...rant over

Right, thinking backwards again... fast better for heavier rounds, generally speaking. The only load data I've seen thus far outside of factory has been from Gavin Toobe on his youtube channel. But he was loading 108gr ELD-Ms. Thanks to Gavin we now know what the case capacity is and how to set up the ARC in QuickLoad. I have wanted to play around with 6mm in the AR, but there are like 6 different wildcats, not to mention the 6x45 Rem that run in the AR. According to what I've read, IIRC, the ARC is basically the same as the 6AR-30 (Ackley improved 6AR, the 6AR with lower 30 degree shoulders). It's been around for a long time. The big difference between the 6AR-30 and the ARC is the use of small primers on the ARC, so it can get slightly higher pressures in bolt guns. But in gas guns 52000psi and 2.26 COAL are hard limits (unless you modify your mags to eek out that extra 0.2 inches, and have a bolt made out of unabtanium). And ARC isn't a wildcat; its SAMMI with hard specs. Some old school wildcaters are already saying you can shoot ARC in a 6AR-30, and it will fireform the brass for 6AR-30 reloading. The big point Honady made in their videos is the barrel life... they kept bringing that up casually... I think that might have been one of the DOD selling points. According to the nerds at Hornady, the 1:7.5 twist is the sweet spot for accuracy. According to them, they tired several twist rates to find the most accurate in the 95gr-129gr range, and 1:7.5 was the most accurate; with 108gr ELD-M being the most accurate (of course!). In the real world, rather than in their test range with their 24 inch test bench gun, it probably doesn't make any difference when adding the shooter to the equation.

Yeah that sounds about right, I wanted to order a 300 AAC Blackout, all it says is out or stock but you can back-order, I emailed the company 5 days ago, crickets, and they never answer the phone???? Covid or not, that is not how you run a biz...rant over

Faxon or CMMG? CMMG got back to me the same day; sent the email that morning and they get back to me that evening. Brownells still has not emailed me back about an ETA for Faxon barrels and that was two days ago.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top