JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went into the Yamhill County sheriffs office yesterday to renew my Oregon carry permit. You have to do it in person, which means I have to take an entire day off of work to do it, which is kind of a big hassle for me.

So I get there, and find out that I am 2 weeks too early to renew. By law, you can only renew within 30 days of the expiration date. ARRGH!

Fortunately for me...the Yamhill County Sheriffs office is staffed by reasonable people. Instead of just saying "too bad", the deputy figured out a work-around for me that would keep me from having to make another trip. He took my renewal application, took my money, took my picture, took my old permit, and told me he would just hold onto them for 2 more weeks and process my renewal once I was within the time frame. He then issued me a 45-day temporary paper permit that would keep me legal to carry until my renewal was processed and the new card was mailed out to me. It might sound like a little thing, but to me it was a BIG thing that keeps me from having to take another day off of work. It was nice to deal with a reasonable human being instead of some soulless bureacrat.

My wife got her appointment letter in the mail yesterday, and it's in mid- May. Wow, when I did mine it was around 5 day's. Crazy times.....
I thought Multnomah County used to run a few weeks to get an appointment earlier this year. Guess that takes longer now.

There's a thread that has some of the dates for some permits in OR and other states.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/13282-conceal-permit-delivery-times.html

Fortunately for me...the Yamhill County Sheriffs office is staffed by reasonable people. Instead of just saying "too bad", the deputy figured out a work-around for me that would keep me from having to make another trip.

That was very cool of them.

The Columbia County sheriff travels to our town once a month to collect renewals and new applications so that we don't have to make the 1.5 hour round trip to St. Helens. He took 26 renewals and applications the last time he was here including my wife's new application.

She received her new CHL 14 days later. :s0155:

E

Damn, Im Mult County and taking the class on the 20th with my sister. Oh well, I sold my glock last year and cant afford a carry gun for a few months anyway.

A person very close to me got her CCW in less than 14 days; here in good ole Yamhill County.

Premise: Compare how difficult it is for some segments of society to get a civil-right in these counties, with how easy it is for other segments of society to get their civil-rights.

Support 1: Where was that city hall that opened their doors at 12:01 AM to issue marriage licenses to a segment of society?

Support 2:
The outcome of dissimilar treatment(s) under the law (by those who are supposed to be serving us) will be the same as what is happening between the "Union" sates vs the "Right to Work states".

Conclusion: The populations are shifting towards freedom; or should be.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top