JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see posts about people asking how to store powders and primers and also about shelf life. I also see people ask questions about loaded ammo that is really old and is it safe to shoot. If you know the recipie that works best for your weapon wouldn't it be easier for storage and shelf life to load the ammo and store it that way then to store individual components? I would think if you plan on keeping the weapon and or just loading plinking rounds loading then storage would work better. Less room needed for storage, ready when needed. What are your thoughts?

Edmon

Sell the last of your caliber and you are stuck with ammo no one wants except maybe the foolish, the desperate, the unknowledgeable or gambler.
Better to load what you use, or need for back up, and keep the components for sale or trade if needed.
Wise shooters don't shoot other people's hand loads.

Reloaders have more components then brass is the simple answer.

Brass is the biggest cost.
Almost. Brass is low cost. Projectile is most expensive.

OP:
I keep xxx amount loaded for each caliber. I reload for fun, not to shoot. Preference is to have say 2,000 pistol per caliber and if I have 500 projectiles then they sit until I have empty brass.

Components sell easier than reloads. Except to friends, they love my reloads..

Almost. Brass is low cost. Projectile is most expensive.

OP:
I keep xxx amount loaded for each caliber. I reload for fun, not to shoot. Preference is to have say 2,000 pistol per caliber and if I have 500 projectiles then they sit until I have empty brass.

Components sell easier than reloads. Except to friends, they love my reloads..

Ahh - thanks for the correction. I have been under the assumption that brass was reused because of the high cost.

Ahh - thanks for the correction. I have been under the assumption that brass was reused because of the high cost.
Reused because a $.03 piece can (9mm) can be used 10-30 times.

Cause we are cheap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads