JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Aside from a standard IFAK/tourniquet kit, and car trauma kit, what are the best things to keep if I want my house to be at least as well stocked as the average field hospital?
I understand that training is necessary (and am doing my best to get as much as I can as quickly as possible). I'm not counting training and literature, I mean physical items.

Marry a doctor. It works out great. She gets medical supplies for crazy cheap and keeps stock at home.

In all seriousness, if you know a doctor, they might be willing to hook you up with some nice stuff. IV bags and fluids can save your life. They cost a couple bucks.

Most common thing I can think of would be antibiotics and simple pain relievers? Anything that keeps colds and such from getting out of hand and cleaning/preventing infections would be a general good idea. Isn't a certain % of hard liquor supposed to act as a disinfecting solution? or is old wives tale hollywood crap?

Hygiene items as well to prevent the nastiest from occurring.

Aside from a standard IFAK/tourniquet kit, and car trauma kit, what are the best things to keep if I want my house to be at least as well stocked as the average field hospital?
I understand that training is necessary (and am doing my best to get as much as I can as quickly as possible). I'm not counting training and literature, I mean physical items.

I'd increase your medical supplies as your knowledge and training increases.

Unless you have a dedicated room in your house, and are able to afford rotating expired stock, it's unlikely you'll be able to match the supplies in a field hospital. But having basics on hand is a good idea.

Start with the ABC's: Airway, Breathing, Circulation

If you can stop the bleed and then start the breathing and maintain open airways you'll be ahead of 90% of the population.

Tamiflu may work for the next "spanish" flu or SARS etc
Augmentin or any other abx cover skin infections, common infections
anti diarrheal
instant electrolyte packs. IV fluids while great require you to get IV access. Simple rule if you can drink no need for IVF.
topical antibiotics

or if you are done playing soldier. what people really need is

Aspirin, Nitroglycerin sublingual, lipitor or other statin, metoprolol and lisinopril because heart disease will kill more people every year than anything else.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top