JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from a solid bench rest I could not make it hit more than 3 or 4 out of an entire magazine hit inside a bowling pin outline at 50'. And that was my buddies new G41 with fancy red dot.

The G34 over years just kept dragging me thru the annoyance of NEVER performing up to par. I have parted company with my old Gl*ck collection as we just didn't get along. The G35 similar, we're just not built for each other.

Generalizing for my own stuff, any handgun I can not discern 'weight forward' balance doesn't yield as good accuracy.

I'm searching for a long slide 10mm single stack myself.
Sounds like the pistol was made with too much slop then. Only reason I asked is many, many, do have of course problems with "Glock Style" triggers even when the pistol is capable of greatness. Wife was wanting a Glock for home use but wanted an external safety. So bought a Ruger American. She is getting better with it with practice. I at first was pretty sad with the groups I was getting with it since from a half a$$ rest I could see it was me, not the pistol. Put a laser on it that of course when turned on shrinks groups a LOT but, that trigger takes some getting used to compared with my 1911's. Still fine at across the room range but I like to be able to shoot at a lot farther than that with any full size pistol.

Thanks for the idea. My days of 'owner-built' were educational enough to acquire immunity from need to continue down that trail. Good luck with your study of matters Ballistique:s0073:
Let's put it this way... ever heard of a rare 1911 variant called a Gauge Gun? There were only a hundred made as part of tooling up for WWI, and someday I want to build #101. :) (For the uninitiated, that means EVERY part has to be perfect, tolerance plus/minus ZERO.)

I figure modern CNC machining should make it much easier than turn-of-the-century hand work... :)
Well yes and no. CNC is fantastic but, they only work when fixtures are built to take advantage of them. These fixtures are normally HUGELY expensive. If you are tooling up to make runs of something they pay for themselves over time of course. If you want to make one or a few of something? Well you still need to just do it the old way. You can of course use a CNC Mill with just the standard tools like vice and Parallels and such but, then you still need to set the machine up to run the job. The time it would take would make it faster to just make the parts manually. This is assuming of course the one who wants to do this can. When the CNC's first started becoming common I often had someone ask about the possibility of people buying one to make guns. Since they would see video of people putting a part in a machine, pushing the button, and a part is made. Many did not quite get that a LOT of money and work went into making that possible. The cost of the machine was just a very small part.

True, but they make getting it to all that's left is taking off a few more thousandths a LOT easier. :)
A decent Mill with a good DRO will make VERY nice stuff and with a VERY short learning curve at pennies on the dollar to what a computerised machine will run. Done by someone who knows what they are doing you get exactly the same results but, the down side it the operator does have to know how to make it work. It's no plug and play for sure :)
I would DEARLY love to have even a very basic Mill and DRO. I just can't justify the money for something that would sit unused for so much. At times when I need something though I sure miss being able to just go into work on my own time and use their machines :(

A decent Mill with a good DRO will make VERY nice stuff and with a VERY short learning curve at pennies on the dollar to what a computerised machine will run. Done by someone who knows what they are doing you get exactly the same results but, the down side it the operator does have to know how to make it work. It's no plug and play for sure :)
I would DEARLY love to have even a very basic Mill and DRO. I just can't justify the money for something that would sit unused for so much. At times when I need something though I sure miss being able to just go into work on my own time and use their machines :(

Dude, I'm pretty good with a die grinder.

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads