JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
any one know what this thing is - the only markings are "Long Range Winner" - "choke bored" - Genuine armory steel - guessing its a 12 ga - 32" barrel - single shot IMG_0949.JPG IMG_0944.JPG IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0948.JPG IMG_0947.JPG

Thank goodness! When I read the title of this thread I thought it was another saiga308 video. Almost didn't open it.

That western script and "genuine armory steel" both indicate to me American origin (or import made for US market possibly) and its age (I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a guess at its age). Are there any markings on barrel flat or receiver table inside?

My suggestion is do a search on the text strings "long range winner" and "genuine armory steel" along with "trap gun" or something similar. That logo on the butt piece would give it away if you can find another one of those logos on a Google image search.

But of course all that would be irrelevant if someone here actually knows what it is ha ha.

stupid me - never thought to Google "Long Range Winner " showed up in many forums - seems it was built for Sears early 1900's by Crescent Arms - also couldn't find anything on butt plate emblems made for crescent or Sears

These were mainly produced by Crescent arms in new york and were made between 1902 and 1918 "genuine armory steel" refers to the barrel not being made of damascus they were inexpensive feild grade shotguns and are still usable with light loads.

Sears Roebuck & Company sold the New Long Range Winner single shot shotgun chambered for the 12 gauge. The shotgun has a blued steel 30" barrel with solid walnut hardwood stocks. The left side of the receiver is marked "New Long Range Winner". The top of the barrel is marked "Wilson's Welded Steel", which is probably for the ones sold at Sears.

stupid me - never thought to Google "Long Range Winner " showed up in many forums - seems it was built for Sears early 1900's by Crescent Arms - also couldn't find anything on butt plate emblems made for crescent or Sears
I saw your post pop up literally as I was composing (cutting and pasting actually, LOL) my above post from several different info sources.

Thats where mine differs from your description - mine does not have the word " New " nor is it marked on top "Wilsons welded steel" - only markings on top is the "Genuine armory steel" Perhaps mine pre date's the "new" ???? doesn't seem to much value in either case - just an interesting 100 year old plus piece - thanks for all your effort great info

Some good info on these shotguns in post #4 of this thread FYI:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top