JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll present a couple of options. There are a myriad out there.
Production that doesn't need a muzzle brake:
  • Remington 700 Long Range in 300 RUM. $760 MSRP
    If you can find this in a 7mm RUM, there's a guy on Sniper's Hide who hits out to 1.5 Miles with his 7 RUM.
  • Bergara Ridgeback BPR22 in either 6.5 PRC / 28 Nosler / 300 PRC $2000 MSRP
  • Howa M1500 HCR in 6.5 Creed or 300 WinMag, 24" barrel MSRP $1540-$1740
Production requiring a brake:
  • Savage 110BA Stealth in 338 Lapua Magnum ~$1,300
  • Savage 110 Hunter in 338 LM.
I'm sure others would present the Ruger Precision. The one I've seen looked impressive.
All my long range rigs are custom built. Each cost me less than $1,600 to build including the cost of the donor rifle.

I have a howa hcr. It's not bad.seekins makes a nice one so does masterpiece arms

The John Hancock is nice but a 6-9 month wait. All the rifle listed in post above mine will all serve you well. You have a plethora of options

Last Edited:
Are you talking $2000 for just the rifle? Or are you talking $2000 for a complete package (rifle, scope, etc).

If you are talking for a complete package, the scope alone will eat about 1/2 of your $2K budget.

Seekins Havak PH2 best gun I own. Under 2000$ Lightweight and shoots under 1moa with factory ammo.

B8FE306B-4683-47BB-A4A4-09518B2B60B6.jpeg B55A00B3-FCF7-41F6-99C8-6DE0B9260360.jpeg

Last Edited:
What's your definition of Long? FWIW my Rem 700 SPS Varmit shoots 165gr Federal Gold Medal Match < 1moa @ 200 yards with me behind it. Some people say I'm just lucky to have gotten a good one from the factory, but I'm happy with it. I took it to Boomershoot and was hitting the 4" targets at 385 and steel at 700.

Tikka T3X CTR. Most shoot sub half minute, the action is second only to a custom action, they can be had for around $1000.00, there are quite a few customization options from stocks and triggers to new bottom metal and 40MOA scope bases. Finally, when the time comes, you can change the barrel yourself with a few hand tools. a proper vice and a prefit with a barrel nut. Yeah the same can be said about most actions out there, but the options for Tikka prefits are limited only by your imagination and budget.

The only complaint about Tikka rifles is they tend to have slow barrels. Slow by 100 - 125FPS on a 6.5 Creedmoor, compared to other rifles with the same barrel length.

What's your definition of Long? FWIW my Rem 700 SPS Varmit shoots 165gr Federal Gold Medal Match < 1moa @ 200 yards with me behind it. Some people say I'm just lucky to have gotten a good one from the factory, but I'm happy with it. I took it to Boomershoot and was hitting the 4" targets at 385 and steel at 700.
400- 1000 yards

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads