JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Guys, I am new to the forum and wondering if anyone knows of a good 600+ range near Portland. I have looked into Douglas ridge but anyone know of any public land spots that allow for longer range shots? I am currently working up a load for my .300 Win Mag and really want to find a range to use it at... :) Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

-East-
Upper Molalla river out copper creek rd, past the power line towers in the clear cuts. Its probably 1.5hrs from Portland depending on your driving and only gravel the last few miles.
-west-
out HWY 26 @ Browns Camp there in a quarry thats used for target shooting most of the time. Ive seen it closed to shooting when they were actively harvesting rock. Its probably about the same 1 to 1.5hrs drive from Portland, and only gravel roads are at Browns camp.
I go out in the trask area above yamhill and carlton and find places.
There is a private range outside Carlton Oregon 6miles, Panter creek, they have a 700yrd lane, and other shorter lanes.
Hope that gives you an idea.

Browns camp is about 250 yards and most of the denizens are insane.

Tri county is $175 a year with an initiation fee ant at that is well worth it.

I shoot in the summer 600yard league and it is fantastic. Highly recommended.

I just found a five hundred yard range on North Fork Road in Wolf Creek with steel, I hiked it out today to see what is behind it, and the backstop is really good, trying to find out if it would be possible to place steel at 800-1000 yards back there, will have to do a bit more research and figure out how far back I could get a target while not shooting anywhere near the road that runs way behind it. I'll keep you guys posted.

I'd be willing to sell out a spot or two,I know more than a few within 30mins of Portland or that have steel hung varying from 500 yards to 1250. $500 per person, ring the dinner bell.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top