Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Rifleworks
Landhawk Arms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Defensive Arts
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Long range scope options

Reactions
Second the he Razor Gen ll. Heavy scope, so not for hunting mountain goats or whatever where ounces become pounds, but a nice scope.

JW, IMO the Razor is overkill here. Realistically, a SWFA or Primary Arms scope would be more than adequate to handle the accuracy range of a SIG716.
Personally, I would put a scout scope or either of the above on it.

Reactions
At this price point, 2k+ it is all down to details and features that you may or may not care about. Glass on all of these scopes are great, and they are all mechanically sound and consistent. Reticle preferences are something that cannot be determines without trying them out. Generally, simple is better when starting out.
You will not go wrong with any scopes at this price point. If you want to read about a really great review, check out precisionrifleblog.com. Cal did a great review in several parts a couple of years ago. I have not seen a better side by side anywhere else.

I run leupold on all my rifles now. What is your main goal with it? But vortex has that 7c reticle that is supposed to be pretty sweet.

Reactions: KKG
OP
JOHNNY-WALKER
Reactions
I run leupold on all my rifles now. What is your main goal with it? But vortex has that 7c reticle that is supposed to be pretty sweet.
I want a decent scope that will get me to the 500yds+. I am new to long range. I can get a decent discount on vortex so that is what i will be leaning towards, but wanted oppinions from first hand users.

I want a decent scope that will get me to the 500yds+. I am new to long range. I can get a decent discount on vortex so that is what i will be leaning towards, but wanted oppinions from first hand users.
Im a vet so pretty much any manufacturer gives me a decent discount. Most of the people i respect in the long range community running vortex recommend the ebr-7c reticle.
I prefer mil over moa and any of the razor line will suit you fine.

Reactions
Check out the scope reviews at precisionrifleblog.com It's a couple years old, but very good. Cal did a comprehensive reviews as well as individual write ups of each scope.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense
  • Barkley's Buy-Sell-Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been patronizing this pawn shop for a few years now. Very happy with the deals I find, both firearm and other. Prices for transfers are...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Sharp Shooting Indoor Range & Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    So far I have bought 2 new Sig p938 pistols and a marlin golden 39A from sharp shooting.the staff is very helpfull, nice shooting range,lots of...
    • Xrperry

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online