JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...and on top of that, did you notice how the elk reacted to being shot?
That gun looks like its just this side of a 16" Naval gun, but the elk reacted like it was just bitten by a flea.
Makes for a cool video, but I'm not sure how good I feel about how long it took the elk to react to being shot.

Dean
contrary to how that elk reacted, ive seen cow elk shot with 7mm mag from 200 yards that dont even flinch and would make you believe you missed.

then they just fall over 20 seconds later.

Yeah but what about those handholds ? Do you hold hands while shooting or just prior to? what about singing kumbaya while holding hands would that be even more effective?:D

Yeah but what about those handholds ? Do you hold hands while shooting or just prior to? what about singing kumbaya while holding hands would that be even more effective?:D

well, being a "millennial" it definitely makes me feel safer

i just now got the joke. :s0114::rolleyes: i fixed it.:s0114::s0114:

You know you're hunting with Osprey, when you both get out of the truck and just before you head off, he looks at you and says, "hold my hand ".
:s0140::s0140::s0140:

thanks! its all about practice! handloads definitely help too!
Have a pet load to share? I was going to do work-ups with mine. 123gr/130 & 140 gr Noslers & Hornady
contrary to how that elk reacted, ive seen cow elk shot with 7mm mag from 200 yards that dont even flinch and would make you believe you missed.

then they just fall over 20 seconds later.
Spent an afternoon in WY, shooting with a custom rifle builder. His favorite was 6.5x284. Showed me a vid of his daughter dropping a bull at 1K. Standing among a bunch of cows, you can see him flinch when hit. Then nothing until DRT ~20 sec later. I asked "why not closer" and he said that was as close as you could get on the plains.

Have a pet load to share? I was going to do work-ups with mine. 123gr/130 & 140 gr Noslers & Hornady

Spent an afternoon in WY, shooting with a custom rifle builder. His favorite was 6.5x284. Showed me a vid of his daughter dropping a bull at 1K. Standing among a bunch of cows, you can see him flinch when hit. Then nothing until DRT ~20 sec later. I asked "why not closer" and he said that was as close as you could get on the plains.
pmd

Archery long range for me on a bull 35 yards. Cows were 50. They bleed out slow. The best way to get it over is not to get close and force it to get to it's feet. There is no dead right there. I met a guy who killed lots of game with a spear. He said he never got a camel though. Then he hit one while driving a Humvee while serving in Iraq with the British Navy ! Brutal but who needs a rifle? I last saw him buying a used 30-06.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top