Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Long Range practical shooting?

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by mrpopgun, Nov 29, 2013.

1. mrpopgun

mrpopgun Oregon Member

I'm down in the Rogue Valley and interested in Long Range Practical shooting. Anybody know of groups around doing this? It would be a lot of fun to go watch a match, but I don't know who might be doing it. I see a lot of 3-gun stuff, but not the long range, hike-n-shoot sort of matches.

2. SmawGunner

SmawGunner portland metro Active Member

Tri County Gun Club in Sherwood OR is holding their annual sniper match Feb 8th. Its probably for participants only. This is a good starter sniper match. There will be a lot of beginners here and also a lot of experienced shooters. You can talk to them and find out about the other area matches.

3. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There is a 600 yd range at the Jackson county sports park. They hold high power, varmint, and service rifle practices and matches. Check out the Medford Rifle and Pistol Club website for announcements. Better yet, come to our gun show this weekend at our indoor range at Vilas rd and hwy 62.

4. Johnnny13

Johnnny13 Bend, Oregon Active Member

5. dmwebb34

dmwebb34 Bend, OR Member

+1 for what Johnny said.... I'm working with the COPR guys and they are putting together some good stuff with NRA High Power (LR and MR) and Tactical Rifle matches.