JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
100 to 500 yards off hand. Used to do it a lot on Iowa farm land. On a snow covered plowed field in winter, target the mounds of dirt. A 625 45acp revolver, Trooper 357 magnum and later a 44 magnum Anaconda. The 45 kind of lobs in. 357 peters out at 300 or so. With the sun at my back I could watch the bullets going out. Found many bullets also. followed the skips then the slugs made an arc before stopping.

I have only shot out to 200 yards with a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt. I am thinking about a Redhawk .45 Colt now. I am a Smith and Wesson guy but I can shoot the Ruger farther.

A few years back I was having a lot of fun with a 38 Special at 4-500 yards. It was critical to point the muzzle up between shots and slowly lower it back to point of aim to get the powder back against the primer in the case. If you didn't tip it back then the velocity was much slower and the bullet would hit about 50-60 feet short. Lots of cheap fun here. I was shooting in the desert at a rock on a hillside. It was easy to spot the impact in the powdery dirt and make corrections.

I think I need to do this again, so much amusement to be had!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top