JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Howdy all. I need to:

• Temporarily transport and store about a dozen long guns. The length of said range from very short SBRs to full-length hunting rifles.
  • It will be going from one secured location and back again, so locking ability is not a huge concern.
  • TSA regulations are not in play as they will not go via air travel.
  • I'd prefer two six gun cases, but could roll with something else (e.g., 3 four gun cases, etc.).
  • Material isn't a huge concern, they just need to protect the arms from dings, bumps, and bruises.
  • Prefer to keep the cost reasonable as this will be a one or may be two time use and the likely sold/dumped.
Any recommendations would be great. Thanks much.

Look on eBay and Craigslist for Hardigg cases in the right sizes in your area.

Use Allen Gun Socks to protect each rifle.

Can always buy some Harbor Freight moving blankets and wrap, then put in big crates.

Cheapest double long gun cases I have seen on sale is around $30-$40, although recently it seems prices have gone up to match the panic buying.

I'd just wrap them in blankets and call it good.

Just use a big rolling suit case. Keep each rifle on an individual soft case and all 4-6 in a big suit case.

Golf club travel cases too.

1592604689297.png

Thank you for responses.

I have a message in concerning the 472-M4-M16-12. Hopefully they respond soon.

Interesting on 1740 pelican. I am finding them on eBay at the present. Maybe two, some padding, done?

Not cheap, but this is huge. Should fit a bazooka too.

Thank you; this would exactly work. Alas, it appears it is local pickup only. I will message the seller regardless to see if a deal can be reached.

And a bazooka would be most delightful. :D

I have a message in concerning the 472-M4-M16-12. Hopefully they respond soon.

The price is not for the faint of heart:

I have seen them used on eBay at times. Here's the 8 and 6 models:

Definitely need to check interior dimensions; I'm guessing these won't fit a lot of hunting rifles. But it's a deal on their biggest M16 case.

Last Edited:
Thank you again, friend. Checking these out. (With respect to cost, if I can keep the whole Marianne under a G, it is no problem. If must more, well a solution can be found.)

If you don't need fast access, I would get some 1/2 inch plywood, 1 1/4" drywall screws and a roll of bubble wrap.
Even rudimentary tools could construct a simple screwed together box or boxes: possibly for two hundred bucks or even less. If you don't intend to drop them from a Huey to your army, reinforcements shouldn't be necessary.
You could store them in the attic when your done for future emergency bug out containers.
001a1.jpg

Maybe a Bronc Box...Inner dimensions are 42" long. Don't know if that's enough for your hunting rifles?

View attachment 712820
I looked at those and the 1740 and ended up going 1740 because once you load it up you'll need another person to help lift it. The bronc box itself is 55lbs and 1740 is 22. I can lift my 1740 into my truck loaded .
The bronc is nice though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads