Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lone Wolf logo

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Spray-n-pray, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone else here think the Lone Wolf logo is ridiculous? For a barrel that is supposedly a "match grade" part, the cartoon wolf engraved on the barrel makes that claim a bit suspect.

To be fair, I have used a few of their barrels, and have never had anything other than good results. It's just that doggone logo etched into the barrel looks like a botched elementary school art project.

Has anyone tried to remove the logo? If so, how did you do it, and how did it look when you were finished?

Don H and mjbskwim like this.
  2. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

Couldn't agree more with you about the logo. Will be interesting to see if anyone else has thought about removing or altering it, and if they did how did they do so.

3. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

The logo is retarded, why didn't you just go with KKM instead?

4. Spray-n-pray

Well, one I have is a black barrel that is blind marked on the lug. When installed, it isn't visible. Another is a 10mm-->9mm conversion. To my knowledge, only Lone Wolf makes one. Another is a 10mm--->40sw conversion, which I could have probably found a different brand.

If I get an extended 10mm barrel, I might go with a KKM, Storm Lake, or other. For now, Lone Wolf is what I have...

5. SCannon

SCannon Battle Ground, WA Active Member

Unless you paint it or mill it off, it's not going anywhere. It is a rather poor laser mark but has changed the properties of the metal.

6. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

The just have to appeal to Glock fans, They could be smooth bore and put any icon on there and still sell them like mad. Sorry couldn't resist. :)

Certaindeaf likes this.
  7. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I too saw they made a 10mm to 9mm conversion barrel. I've emailed them asking how that is supposed to work magazine wise.

Do you own one? How does it work?

8. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Kinda like a pink gun.
    Make look silly but it will still kill you.
    Performance is all that matters. Just like wear or scratches on firearms some people freak out and think the gun is worth less.
    I could care less, as long as it goes bang when i pull the trigger, i'm sold.

If anyone is getting close enough to see the stupid wolf it's either the last thing they see (which makes me smile)
    Or your lifestyle is questionable.

9. Spray-n-pray

It uses the same 10mm magazine. It actually works fine. The only thing that is different is that the last round in the magazine, being smaller than the 10mm (or 40), allows the follower to come up enough to lock back the slide. The magazine will hold 18 rounds of 9mm if I remember correctly, so to have one left in the mag isn't really a big deal to me.

I haven't had any FTF, FTE, or stovepipes as one might expect with a heavier slide than the 9mm cartridge usually has to cycle. I did, however, switch to a steel guide rod with an 11lb. spring. With the lighter spring, the pistol has cycled reliably, even with my fairly weak (i.e. loaded per minimum data) reloads.

10. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Why not just order the barrel with the 'blind marking' option? For $15 more, they'll put the logo on the bottom (on the lug) instead of the top - problem solved. You just have to be sure to do it when you order the barrel. I'm going to buy one for my Glock 35, I was planning on adding this option when I buy it.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1080&TERM=blind marking

11. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I've heard that if you contact LWD, they will place their logo somewhere where it's not visible when the barrel is installed in a gun. But I am not sure if you can request them to not have their logo on the barrel. As a custom pistol, I like that logo. But a simple LWD on the side or something would have been much better.... that's what I would want on my daily carry anyway..... not a wolf.

12. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

It's silly looking but it doesn't bother me having it show. And I'm too cheap to pay extra to have it put
    someplace hidden. Too bad they don't redesign it into something cool.

13. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

I highly recommend KKM barrels over Lone Wolf. My most accurate Glock, by far, wears a KKM barrel. Also have had less than satisfactory customer service from Lone Wolf.

14. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

An operator would grind it off.. probably.

15. Certaindeaf

You could replace it with a backward facing unicorn that'd shoot bullets out its arse. patent pending

Oklahomie, FourTeeFive and etrain16 like this.
  16. Certaindeaf

My Harley Davidson loaf of bread just cried.

MTpockets likes this.
  17. Certaindeaf

I'm just saving my dimes for when they'll finally make a "target barrel" for my Hi-Point. true story

18. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well that would certainly be interesting ;)

19. Certaindeaf

touché same same

20. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Funny thing,I never even notice it when the gun is in the holster or when I'm shooting
    Just a company logo,not much of a deal at all.