JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone else here think the Lone Wolf logo is ridiculous? For a barrel that is supposedly a "match grade" part, the cartoon wolf engraved on the barrel makes that claim a bit suspect.

To be fair, I have used a few of their barrels, and have never had anything other than good results. It's just that doggone logo etched into the barrel looks like a botched elementary school art project.

Has anyone tried to remove the logo? If so, how did you do it, and how did it look when you were finished?

Does anyone else here think the Lone Wolf logo is ridiculous? For a barrel that is supposedly a "match grade" part, the cartoon wolf engraved on the barrel makes that claim a bit suspect.

To be fair, I have used a few of their barrels, and have never had anything other than good results. It's just that doggone logo etched into the barrel looks like a botched elementary school art project.

Has anyone tried to remove the logo? If so, how did you do it, and how did it look when you were finished?

Couldn't agree more with you about the logo. Will be interesting to see if anyone else has thought about removing or altering it, and if they did how did they do so.

Well, one I have is a black barrel that is blind marked on the lug. When installed, it isn't visible. Another is a 10mm-->9mm conversion. To my knowledge, only Lone Wolf makes one. Another is a 10mm--->40sw conversion, which I could have probably found a different brand.

If I get an extended 10mm barrel, I might go with a KKM, Storm Lake, or other. For now, Lone Wolf is what I have...

Well, one I have is a black barrel that is blind marked on the lug. When installed, it isn't visible. Another is a 10mm-->9mm conversion. To my knowledge, only Lone Wolf makes one. Another is a 10mm--->40sw conversion, which I could have probably found a different brand.

If I get an extended 10mm barrel, I might go with a KKM, Storm Lake, or other. For now, Lone Wolf is what I have...

I too saw they made a 10mm to 9mm conversion barrel. I've emailed them asking how that is supposed to work magazine wise.

Do you own one? How does it work?

Kinda like a pink gun.
Make look silly but it will still kill you.
Performance is all that matters. Just like wear or scratches on firearms some people freak out and think the gun is worth less.
I could care less, as long as it goes bang when i pull the trigger, i'm sold.

If anyone is getting close enough to see the stupid wolf it's either the last thing they see (which makes me smile)
Or your lifestyle is questionable.

It uses the same 10mm magazine. It actually works fine. The only thing that is different is that the last round in the magazine, being smaller than the 10mm (or 40), allows the follower to come up enough to lock back the slide. The magazine will hold 18 rounds of 9mm if I remember correctly, so to have one left in the mag isn't really a big deal to me.

I haven't had any FTF, FTE, or stovepipes as one might expect with a heavier slide than the 9mm cartridge usually has to cycle. I did, however, switch to a steel guide rod with an 11lb. spring. With the lighter spring, the pistol has cycled reliably, even with my fairly weak (i.e. loaded per minimum data) reloads.

I've heard that if you contact LWD, they will place their logo somewhere where it's not visible when the barrel is installed in a gun. But I am not sure if you can request them to not have their logo on the barrel. As a custom pistol, I like that logo. But a simple LWD on the side or something would have been much better.... that's what I would want on my daily carry anyway..... not a wolf.

It's silly looking but it doesn't bother me having it show. And I'm too cheap to pay extra to have it put
someplace hidden. Too bad they don't redesign it into something cool.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top