JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took out a new G23 today with an extended threaded Lone Wolf barrel and had only one problem.. one round did not fully chamber and I had the gently pry it out. It was one of my meticulous handloads (we also shot some Federal American Eagle ball) but it must have some minor resizing or similar distortion. It drops fine into the factory G23 barrel as well as my BHP .40 and just falls out normally

Do Lone Wolf barrels have tighter chamber specs?

stock glock barrels do not have fully supported chambers.
The lone wolf barrels (i think) have fully suported chambers.

so i guess you can say it fits tighter, but really the lonewolf chamber supports the case better. (the better support allows people to load 9mm case up to 9mm major power factors)

stock glock barrels do not have fully supported chambers.
The lone wolf barrels (i think) have fully suported chambers.

so i guess you can say it fits tighter, but really the lonewolf chamber supports the case better. (the better support allows people to load 9mm case up to 9mm major power factors)

Compare that to the stock BHP .40 barrel? is it "fully supported" ? I'm just trying to discover what happened here

It may be swell at the web from primary use in an unsupported chamber. Standard reloading dies do not resize all the way to the extraction groove. So use in a unsupported chamber barrel, e.g. Glock OEM, leaves a swell section at the web. That swell will not feed into a match chamber. In fact it could self align if used in the primary unsupported chamber, stretching it even further. That stretched web section is the suspected failure point of reloads in glocks (and others).
There are push through dies which fully resize the case which are recommended if you reload cases fired from unsupported chambers. You can measure the swell by micrometer measurements of case diameter at the web at 3-4 points. I have no knowledge of the Browning HP barrel's level of ramping/support. Remember that the feed ramp is the weak point, most pistol chambers have the ramp extend into the web area to ensure proper feeding, and it just the extent of the Glock feedramp that produces issues with repetitive reloads.

This is a rehash, others have explained it fully and a search will give more information if you require it.

I think all stock glock barrels are not fully supported. this allows them to feed most ammo, and helps with reliability.

in short most aftermarket barrels have a tighter fit (they are trying to have more match like chambers for better accuracy and performance.)

Thanks, this is the explanation(s) I was looking for and it's what I expected to hear. The Lone Wolf is just a target shooting barrel so that we can eventually use my lead bullet reloads (The reloads we were shooting were Gold Dot bullets)

We'll use the stock Glock barrels for self defense