JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw it yesterday, and liked it a lot, despite the presence of Wahlberg (I will concede that he's a good actor, I just can't get past the fact that he was a deuchebag when he was younger and is anti-2nd Amendment), and the fact that they deviated from the actual events.

If it is another movie meant to glorify an occupation 7350 miles away from our borders where we make target practice of goat herders I'll pass.

When I learned a few years back that all wars are just a racket for the .001% it took the wind out of my sails for the patriotic flag-waving war movies.

I've cried maybe six times in my life, but Saving Private Ryan's ending at the graveyard got to me. On the 'fantasy' side I've seen Rambo II so many times that I know every word. I can even mimic what the Russians and Vietnamese say lol. I dig on violence and shoot 'em ups like everyone else. I just don't like how movies are used for propaganda. I unfortunately see how Americans have been brainwashed over time via movies and it is sad.

I just don't get off on movies that perpetuate the myth that we are riding the white horse and are (always the) heroes and everyone else deserves to be blasted out of existence. No, we do a lot of rotten crap, killing millions, enslaving, all based on BS. I wish that were not the case, but if you are going to make a movie be honest from both sides.

Give me a movie not financed by the Pentagon, that tells a story based on real truth now and I'll go. Not some ridiculous Flight 93 propaganda film.

One that doesn't demonize every Muslim as a horrifically immoral and violent terrorist. Knowing who controls Hollywood it is easy to see why they are almost always portrayed that way.

Compared to the other showings in the tri-plex theater the seats were packed for Lone Survivor last Sunday.
I watched the PPL, the audience, in the small theater I saw the movie in. I am guessing by the demographic they were former service and parents of service personnel. Several women walked out during the battle sequences and I saw on man sobbing. I had read the book and so was prepared for what I saw, and Hollowwood had actually softened what the book described so I was OK. Still it was a graphic depiction and I saw many hiding their eyes due to the realism.
I hope Americans come to realize that it's soldiers are humans exposed to terrible violence and suffer great harm. I also hope that such a world never descends upon them, but like most sheep few will wake-up, ever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top