JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those who prefer baseless guilt to defending the West

Jake Tapper Highlights Why He Was Seen As a Good Hire By CNN...

Posted on January 11, 2014 by sundance

In the excerpt below you see exactly why political progs, like Jake Tapper, don't understand the military and disrespect the soldier.

Tappers' inherent issue is with the command decision – the politics and subsequent political arguments of war. But in typical prog fashion, reflecting a profound disrespect for the military members who carry out orders, he questions the tip of the spear for the decision of the spear thrower.

The job of the tip of the spear is to penetrate, destroy and kill with extreme prejudice. PERIOD. To rip the heart and lungs out of the target the spear is directed toward, and to use every tool available at the moment to carry out that objective.

If you want to question command authority – QUESTION THEM ! But don't question the soldier who is carrying out the mission.

"We spend our whole lives training to defending this country and then we were sent over there by this country, so you're telling me because we were over there doing what we were told by our country that it was senseless?" Luttrell asked. "And my guys, what? They died for nothing? (link)

It is dangerous, niave and profoundly stupid to have a dozen (or thousand) human weapons running around willy nilly interpreting, evaluating, and contemplating whether their current mission/deployment is ______(fill in the blank)________ !

Typical prog..... Eff' Tapper

I used to really enjoy his movies. This was disheartening to read. He's got no problem cashing in millions from making "shoot'em up" movies though. Go figure.

4. Mark Wahlberg: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.” But his anti-gun attitude didn’t stop there. “Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,” “Certainly, I haven’t used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I’d like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”

<broken link removed>

I used to really enjoy his movies. This was disheartening to read. He's got no problem cashing in millions from making "shoot'em up" movies though. Go figure.

4. Mark Wahlberg: "I believe Charlton Heston is America's best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association." But his anti-gun attitude didn't stop there. "Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can't do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can't protect themselves," "Certainly, I haven't used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I'd like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing."

<broken link removed>

I'm glad you brought this up!!! While Luttrell and the rest of Spec Ops are bad-asses and deserve recognition, I sure as hell wouldn't want someone who is SOOOO opposed to guns, making money off my life story (which used LOTS of guns in the making of). I'll read the book, but the movie won't be watched in my house

Lutrell wanted One Thing from the movie and that was to honor those who died during the OP, to include all the specop ppl regardless of Branch or Rank and the Punjab man that saved his life. To get that mission done he turned over control of the last 15 minutes of the movie to the Hollowood Accountants.
Did he sell his soul for his brothers? I don't think that even entered his mind, he accomplished his mission, stayed loyal to his personal credo, honored his comrades and defined what sacrifice is for his brother's children in a way that they can never forget for generations to come.
This is only the start of the war, 1000s of OPs lay ahead

Pretty good writeup.

Why American soldiers die

Is this why American soldiers die?

The movie makes it clear that leftists simply don't understand the brutality of war and that
Americans die because of rules of engagement that appease bleeding-heart liberals but compromise
the safety and effectiveness of our soldiers.

My son went and saw this with the parents of Brian Call, a seal that helped make the movie. Guess he played in it also.
Said it was excellent.
I have to go see this one.

I'm not sure I'll see it or not. I didn't realize that Wahlberg had such an anti-gun stance, so I pretty much make a point of not supporting these Hollywood elitist hypocrites. I did read the book along with American Sniper. Both books were pretty good, but I think Kyle spent too much time trying to justify his role in American Sniper, which I felt was unnecessary. As far as one of the best and most "realistic " Hollywood war movies, I have to tip my hat to Black hawk Down, plus I have always had a lot of respect for Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon.

I never knew wahlburger had an anitgun stance, maybe doing this will change thwt, but being a hollyweird type prob not. I did gain a lot of respect for him after tom cruise said doing his last movie was like serving time in afghanistan or something to that effect and wahlberg gave a hell of a response to that.

I'm not sure I'll see it or not. I didn't realize that Wahlberg had such an anti-gun stance, so I pretty much make a point of not supporting these Hollywood elitist hypocrites. I did read the book along with American Sniper. Both books were pretty good, but I think Kyle spent too much time trying to justify his role in American Sniper, which I felt was unnecessary. As far as one of the best and most "realistic " Hollywood war movies, I have to tip my hat to Black hawk Down, plus I have always had a lot of respect for Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon.

Blackhawk down was outstanding.
I also liked We were soldiers with mel gibson. Good storyline.

Saw the movie, didn't read the book. I am not a sniper, nor infantry, for my war, Gulf I, I spent the entire time on the Oregon coast with no danger of being shot at. I did run the risk of getting a nasty paper cut, though.

I liked the realism in the movie. The stunts are fantastic. I thought the realism of the wounds and getting shot were authentic.
I do believe he achieved the effect of honoring those who fell during the battle.

Recommended.

I saw it on Friday. I was anticipating this movie for the last couple of months. It was awesome. I only wish they wouldn't of gone so Hollywood towards the end. In the theater people walked out while they were showing the fallen solders. Don't know why people would do that.

I never knew wahlburger had an anitgun stance, maybe doing this will change thwt, but being a hollyweird type prob not. I did gain a lot of respect for him after tom cruise said doing his last movie was like serving time in afghanistan or something to that effect and wahlberg gave a hell of a response to that.

Cruise is an ok actor but a lousy American !

I read the book a couple years ago, and it was intense and incredible. I still get choked up thinking about some of the sections of the book. I don't want to see the movie, but from what I am hearing, I need to see it.

As far as actors and their stand on gun control. Most of them are against gun ownership. So, I tend to look beyond their beliefs when I watch a movie.

It's my understanding that this movie had some of the most support from the military possible (short of Acts of Valor). Supposedly they had most of the actual AARs from the event and even reviewed the autopsy reports so they could be true to the event.

Here is the typical reviews.
I hate theatres, but will bite the bullet to see this one
-------------------

As you will see, the most honorable thing a friend can do for his brothers, Marcus Luttrell has done and told this story and made it appropriate for their death. And you will be amazed at the honor of these men. Truly amazed and humbled, Glenn concluded. If you dont walk out of there going, What am I doing with my life? What is important to me? If you dont walk out of that movie theater feeling that, I dont know, you need to watch it again or check yourself into a hospital to see if you have a heart or a soul.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/01/13...&utm_content=51173934&utm_term=_292276_292283

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top